Kim Kardashian

I'll DOUBLE The Value

of Wedding Gifts for Charity

3/5/2012 6:19 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0305_kim_invite_EX-02
Kim Kardashian
is keeping the blender and the gravy boat, but she's donating twice what she snagged in wedding gifts to a really good charity ... TMZ has learned.

We obtained a letter -- sent to every guest at the Kim K/Kris Humphries wedding. Kim says, "I would like to thank you for your generous and thoughtful wedding gift. It has taken me some time to pull everything together but I wanted to let you know that the money for every gift received by me at my wedding has been donated to the Dream Foundation ..."

Sources tell us ... Kim estimates the total cash value of the all the gifts to be around $100k, but she's cut a check for twice that amount to the Dream Foundation.

Bottom line -- the Dream Foundation gets a lot of cash, and Kim can still make a mean margarita.

1021_kris_kim_wedding_footer

flower

I will be impressed when an independent appraisor does the appraisal and then she doubles the amount. 100K sounds very low to me considering the value of gifts listed in the media.

Caleigh

It took her sometime to put everything together, meaning she is late sending thank yous to her guests, basically because she was busy divorcing her husband, she has priorities people!!

small asian penis

TAX Deductions 101: donate to charities

Tbo

Oh she is still Trying to do "Damage Control" to make her look better for what she did trying to boost her ratings that Backfired...Well it's NOT Working...She should have Returned the Gifts and Made a Donation Twice the Value.Tacky to Keep Anything.Let the people who "GAVE" the gifts decide what to do with them.

Tbo

janet

If she had an ounce of class she would have asked her so called FAKE wedding guests Mostly E! employees, that in lieu of gifts please make a donation to charity. HELL NO. No way she was ever going to do that. Too greedy.

Just look at this bogus card. Hell I could have done that. Another very tacky PR spin that again backfired big time.

Crap like this is why lawyers consider her "lible proof." Kimmy how is that $20 million dollar lible lawsuite you filed against Old Navy going? She's sueing for 'lible damages' over a commercial that never had anything to do with her. Claiming her reputation, brand was damaged to the tune of $20 million dollars. Only problem with that is she has to be able to proove that and CAN NOT.

Now having lawsuites filed against her, bet she doesn't like it.

Kimmy, you keep staring at yourself in the mirror and taking photos of yourself in your underware that you intensionally put out on the net. Doesn't change a thing.

Dar

Kim made the donation so that she could use it as a deduction on taxes....trying to make it look like she's being charitable is so lame. She sure wanted to keep the gifts. If I was Kim's friend, I would feel so used.

WatcherOne

She has staff. She could have easily instructed them to return the gifts. To keep them, is unthinkable.

Fred

"You have made a donation in your name to The Human Fund" LOL

Alix

A printed, "signed" announcement? Way to make an effort, Kim.

RobinPickles

Stupid pig, your FAKE wedding could have fed millions! Money is the root of all Evil.. except maybe for you.

virgosiempre

TMZ you were being good and not reporting about this trash family. Now that you have made me nauseous, I need to speak up. I believe it is vulgar for rich people to accept gifts If someone wants to show support of the marriage, donate to their favorite charity. Kim keeping those gifts is reprehensible. ALL the gifts should of been returned and that donation, please, she did it for image control. I boycott everything Kardashian. My daughter and I were walking through Sears to the mall and my daughter saw some of their clothing. She said that is nice and then we both looked at each other and said NO. Khloe is destroying her husband's basketball career with her tasteless behavior and mouth. Please spare us details on this disgusting family.

honey2000

Kim is not returning the gifts because that would be a COST to her in packing/shipping fees. Instead, she is claiming a sizable charitable contribution which will offset any taxes owed for 2011. Not to worry. The Lord always has the last word. She needs to repent and change her life's path to move forward.

so sick of trash

SO SICK OF THESE DISGUSTING PEOPLE! She wants to make the donation so she can get a tax write-off for the 15% they pay in taxes - SO SICK OF THEM! SOMEONE! Drop a bomb on ALL OF THEM PLEASE.....

Denise

It was nice she made a donation to charity, but it has nothing to do with the sham she pulled off. All gifts should go back.