Kim Kardashian

I'll DOUBLE The Value

of Wedding Gifts for Charity

3/5/2012 6:19 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0305_kim_invite_EX-02
Kim Kardashian
is keeping the blender and the gravy boat, but she's donating twice what she snagged in wedding gifts to a really good charity ... TMZ has learned.

We obtained a letter -- sent to every guest at the Kim K/Kris Humphries wedding. Kim says, "I would like to thank you for your generous and thoughtful wedding gift. It has taken me some time to pull everything together but I wanted to let you know that the money for every gift received by me at my wedding has been donated to the Dream Foundation ..."

Sources tell us ... Kim estimates the total cash value of the all the gifts to be around $100k, but she's cut a check for twice that amount to the Dream Foundation.

Bottom line -- the Dream Foundation gets a lot of cash, and Kim can still make a mean margarita.

1021_kris_kim_wedding_footer

mysterylover3591

Kim gets a tax deduction for a charitable donation and the guests get bupkes ... not the right way to handle this!

Realist

She should donate more than she has anyway simply because she makes so much money. To whom much is given, much is required. She is too greedy and selfish to make the proper donation. Really, the gifts should have been given back to the people who gave them. Proper etiquette would dictate that. Never seen such greed.

ECC

I've got a great idea... TMZ - stop giving this loser media coverage. PLEASE! The general public is done with this loser. All a$$/no class

cynical me

So she keeps all the gifts AND gets a tax break? She's not a greedy hag is she?

Jessica

Please she should give the gifts back too, she spends that on handbags easy.

Mike

I love when the a hole celebs claim the donation card to get off of bad press. Its like thanks for the free gift I will donate so I seem like a good person while claiming a huge tax deduction. People who REALLY donate don't tell the press about it

jes

is not a donation is a big tax deduction harvey you are such a kartrashia whore

In the know

What's so generous about a tax deductible donation? And did she ask the people who gave the gifts if maybe they would prefer to give there own tax deductible donation, and
get some credit for the money they spent. Not so generous
at all just a way to keep more of the money she made and the gifts.

Barbara

Come on we are not talking about a normal wedding with mom and pop here these people have money. They arent hurting for that toaster money back. They got to be at a Beverly Hills show. It was there price of addmission. I dont understand why she didnt give the money and gifts to charity. That would have made me feel better about it.

Pati

it's so funny how everyone is bashing on kim for her 72 days marriage but, what if it was one of you? i'm sure most of the brides wouldn't even care to think what the ex husband wants to do with the gifts.

Mario M.

WHO GETS THE TAX WRITE OFF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

kk-ick.

wonder who came up with this bright idea? timing great for quiktrim...and oh lookie here...she gets a nice "little" TAX BREAK!!! it's sad bc the public still loves them while there are so many that would like to forget them. sad. go away please.

Gingerbread

She made the donations. The Kardashian foundation not the Humphries or we made the donations. She cannot make that decision without her husband. Once again selfish, selfish, selfish. Gifts should be returned and a percentage of the donation she not as a Kardashian but as Humphries/Kardashian made from that wedding and donate it to the dream foundation. She did not mention her husband anywhere on that note card. Not once did she say us because it was never about us it was always about me, me, me. Its obvious she is in posession of the wedding gifts but who has the money they made from the wedding? Lets not forget how she cried when she lost one of her earrings on vacation that were worth millions. She wont even return the ring because she put in the agreement she would pay to keep it. Materialistic things are very important to her. Boo Freakin Hoo! Enjoy your greed, materialistic things and selfishness.

GR

She probably taking a tax write off for that donation.

jlf

....and a sizeable charity tax deduction on her 2012 taxes.