Rush Limbaugh

More Sponsors Running for Hills

After 'Slut' Statement

3/5/2012 11:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rush Limbaugh is STILL hemorrhaging advertiser
Rush Limbaugh is STILL hemorrhaging advertisers -- several days after calling a Georgetown student a "slut" for asking the University for free birth control ... bringing his grand total to NINE lost sponsors.

Two sponsors -- Tax Resolution and AOL -- pulled their ads from his radio show today, following the mass exodus of advertisers like ProFlowers, LegalZoom and Citrix Systems over the weekend.

As for the other advertisers that have jumped ship -- bedding companies Sleep Train and Sleep Number, plus Quicken Loans and the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team.

Rush made the "slut" comment on the airwaves last week -- also calling student Sandra Fluke a "prostitute," after the Georgetown Law student testified before the House of Representatives on why birth control should be made freely available.

Rush offered a weak apology on Saturday -- claiming, "For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke."

So far, looks like his advertisers aren't buying it.

update_bar
3/6/12 -- Just one day later, 24 additional sponsors have hit the "eject" button -- bringing the total to 33.

THE BEAVER

jacqueline morris: 11 minutes ago

It's about damn time - he got called on his BS~!!. His first apology was basically umm - oh, LAME, the "wrong choice of words". Again today he says, wrong choice of words, bu bye~!! He doesn't get it, he doesn't get what the co-ed was talking about. It's waaaay over his head. Does he know how the pill works?? Even if one were a slut- the pill w/n cost anymore. However, the issue is the pill is taken for many other medical issues- H-E-L-L-O- LOSER.... Where is the GOP, why aren't they calling Oxyrush on this, they are silent. Romney is a freaking whimp~!! Oxyrush is a pig, oh wait- he's the goptea leader,,,, both FIRED~!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This man gets it! You don't. In the end, he is the winner, you are the loser. There is nothing wrong with Romney. At least if he becomes President, his mind will not be on sex. Important Papers will be on his desk, not a woman, and he will not make a mes of things like this president has. I am not of the same faith as Romney is, but I can respect is good values and morals. We need a President that not only puts God first, but the American people as well!!

We all should send Obama all our bills, and write on it, we are under Obama Care. LOL

THE BEAVER

Sunshine: 7 minutes ago

You are all such nasty haters!!!! I don't see why the taxpayers of the United States have to pay for everyone's sexual escapades! What ever happened to personally responsibility???? We live in a world where we want to behave like idiots and have the government support it! It's no longer a wonder to me why our awesome country is sinking. Grow up people!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LOL.. I am not surprise we don't have to pay for Gay peoples rights too!!

THE BEAVER

rob: 30 minutes ago

I get it, I totally disagree with what the jerk said. But, whatever happened to "Sticks and Stones"? With all that is wrong in our USA right now, our focus should not be on a moron that called someone a name. He isnt even a legit Party Advocate. He's a dude with a radio show. I hear Dude's with radio shows say inappropriate stuff all the time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah, Howard Stern. Why can Stern get by with a lot of things he says, but they want this man hung from a tree?
You can't stand up for any good and what is right in this country any more. I think this country really is going to hell in a hand basket.

aston

You can disagree with this student's opinions, that's everyone's right to do so, but calling a woman a slut, a whore, a skank, a bitch, a prostitute or a **** is NEVER cool. Never ever. It only makes you sound like a bitter person misogynist who takes his/her misery out on others. A complete, pitiful jerk.

LeeBrewster

This is not about Rush or Women's rights. This is a story to throw people off from the failures of the Obama tenure. It is about the failing of Green Energy. Failing of the Chevy Volt. Failure of ObamaCare, which will be thrown out in court. Failure of Fast and Furious. Failure of taking rights away from Businesses and faith based groups. Rush is jumpe into to be the fall guy. Rappers use the "n" word, but other are labled racist for using it. Some words need to not be used due to being a adult. Ok, Louis C.K. stated this about Palin, ““when she was on stage at the f---ing convention that just came out of her disgusting f---ing c----… her f---ing retard-making c---…”
Madonna said in regards to Sarah Palin, “I’m gonna kick her a@@ if she don’t get off of my street!” I guess violence against women is ok by the left.
Ed Schultz stated that Palin set off a “bimbo alert.” Later he called laura Ingraham a “right wing slut.”
Keith Olbermann said about S.E Cupp that she “should have been aborted bt her parents.” He called Michelle Malkin a, “mashed up bag of meat wit lipstick.
Matt Taibbi wrote in regards to Michelle Malkin the he could , “imagine her narrating her text book on tape style with a big, hairy set of balls in her mouth.” He also called Michele Bachmann as, “bats*#$ crazy.”
Chris Matthews called Bachmann a “balloon head.” Funny, she is higher educated than most putting her down.
Sandra Bernhard, while on The Joy Behar Show called Bristol Palin a “hooker.”
Joy Behar also said on The View, said about Angle, calling her a “bitch” and concluding that Angle is “going to hell, this bitch.”
Bill Maher, there are way too many to comment on!!

freaksloan

Truth hurts! She is WHORE! She is a whore to the left.

Rush is going no where, and don't you love the double standard. People on the left say worst things about women on a daily basis.

These companies will feel sorry about their decisions. The people who are complaining would of never bought their products anyways.

freaksloan

Also, You stupid slut. You can get birth control at WalMart and Target for $9. You are going to Georgetown and you can't afford $9?

S.Robert

Rush Limbaugh should be labelled "EXPIRED"
Can't believe people listen to him, did he even graduate High School?
She may have traded her dignity by appearing in front of and testifiying before the House of Representatives on why birth control should be made freely available.

TheTruth

I can tell by all the name calling that most of you have never listened to Rush. You people are as ignorant as they come. The girl is a slut or a whore. She is bragging about all the sex she is having and now wants us to pay for it. How about a little self responsibility. Liberals are terrified of Rush because he is right 99.9% of the time. Anyone that calls him a bigot, racist, or anything of that nature has never listened to him. That only catch excerpts that the liberal press plays. He is the most listened to talk radio show host in history. He is not going anywhere. Wishful thinking by the tards in this society.

Rod Lohnger

The advertisers are acting like sluts for leaving. Anyone with a $3000 contraceptive habit in college is more like an educated whore.

minnietx

I don't understand why this girl wants free birth control, I mean you are going out and telling the world your private life. I don't think Rush should call a young lady such names, but I agree about no free birth control, how stupid, have some dignity and worry about more important issues, besides free birth control at Georgetown College...REALLY?? Please!! Those sponsors are stupid I'm sure Rush has a waiting list of sponsors, he is a radio talk show host not your local pastor, at the worst he is irresponsible with his words and he should personally appologize to this person....this young girl is intitled to her opinion even if ridiculous. Some people will just get the birth control and sell on the internet...

Victoria

Whatever!!!!!!! get over the Rush Limbaugh thing, and I say ban the sponsors. Freedom of speech rememeber.... and that gal should be worried about her studies in college rather than having sex, let alone buy a condom or I say... just swallow!!!!

jjinfl

Why don't you leave Rush alone? If a liberal commentator had made a remark like this about someone, it would have been totally ignored by the press and lauded by the liberal machine as absolutely true. Talk show hosts would attempt to interview the person who insulted the Conservative woman and congratulate him/her on his brilliant commentary. They have tried to ruin every possible Presidential competitor on the Republican side systematically and now they're to silence the radio/tv commentators so they can complete their control of every facet of this country with no dissent.

Shawn

He is stupid and not very well informed on this subject!
Female contraceptives are not just to prevent pregnancies.
I myself wanted children! I had to be put on the pill to
stop from bleeding to death!!! I was hospitalized four times
and received blood transfusions. Believe it or not this is pretty common. This was caused by problems within the uterus
Eventually I had to have a Hysterectomy!! So before anybody opens their ignorant mouths. The pill is used for many other medical issues. Another little fact I pay for my own insurance!!! The young woman you referred as a slut isn't asking for anybody BUT INSURANCE companies to put it in their insurance policies you moron, not welfare. He deserves to be fired! I want a panel of doctors and lawyers to discuss this and point out the medical reasons other than the prevention of pregnancy the pill provides. My husband said to me he would't have known anything about this either
until it happened to me. Also hearing what the doctor told us,This is common. I hope this ignorant man doesn't have any daughters or granddaughters!!! IF YOU DON'T HAVE A UTERUS SHUT UP AND MIND YOUR OWN UNIT!!!!!!

Rita

He only apologized because his sponsors are dropping him!!!