Rush Limbaugh

More Sponsors Running for Hills

After 'Slut' Statement

3/5/2012 11:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rush Limbaugh is STILL hemorrhaging advertiser
Rush Limbaugh is STILL hemorrhaging advertisers -- several days after calling a Georgetown student a "slut" for asking the University for free birth control ... bringing his grand total to NINE lost sponsors.

Two sponsors -- Tax Resolution and AOL -- pulled their ads from his radio show today, following the mass exodus of advertisers like ProFlowers, LegalZoom and Citrix Systems over the weekend.

As for the other advertisers that have jumped ship -- bedding companies Sleep Train and Sleep Number, plus Quicken Loans and the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team.

Rush made the "slut" comment on the airwaves last week -- also calling student Sandra Fluke a "prostitute," after the Georgetown Law student testified before the House of Representatives on why birth control should be made freely available.

Rush offered a weak apology on Saturday -- claiming, "For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke."

So far, looks like his advertisers aren't buying it.

update_bar
3/6/12 -- Just one day later, 24 additional sponsors have hit the "eject" button -- bringing the total to 33.

D

Why is he still on the air? I'm all for healthy debate, but this guy is a blow hard who could care less about the issues and more about ratings. Howard Stern makes more sence than him!

Kaffee

Rush is a fat PIG!!!!!!!!!Add DISGUSTING to that.

mebrat24

This guy is worth way to much money and the radio station makes way to much money for this guy to go away. GOP is influenced by this nitwitt douchebag.

Delaware D

VOTE MITT! Then VOTE RICK! It's OPERATION CHAOS!!
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

mary

D*CK!!!!!!!!

azphil

Two words: Don Imus
Rush sounds like a movie director who made a really bad drama and calls it a "black comedy". He deserves to permanently leave the airwaves.

Andrea

Hahahaha karma!

Swords Woman

Karma is indeed a bitch!!!

Margo

I'm pretty sure it's just the narcotics talking.

Nicee

Why the hell does the left keep yapping about this being about women/girls getting the pill. They are readily available at any Planned Parenthood and frankly at half the junior highs in the states. Has nothing to do with womens health only to do with women not wanting to buy them!!!!!!I don't want to pay for them for these little tramps!!

Sean

Its a shame...Several people on MSNBC routinely say things like this and nothing is done. Media bias!

KicksandGiggles

Love it! Limpbutt FINALLY has some $$ consequences for the trash his poisonous mouth sprouts.

Frankly if this were my daughter, I would have slammed my foot so far up his rotten azz, he would have to floss with my shoe string!!

drake

HA HA!!!

Cricket

I don't agree with what he said, but he has a right to his opinion. Just as with Kirk Cameron. If they fire Rush can I have his job?

Grace

For every sponsor who leaves there are 20 who are in line to take the spot over. I think the girl is a slut but not a prostitute. However, she should pay for her own birth control and if she doesn't have the money go to planned parenthood. Her parents must be very proud of her and I hope they are paying for her education and not us.