'Growing Pains' Star

Kirk Cameron is DEAD WRONG

on Gay Rights

3/5/2012 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0305-tracey_kirk_BN_01
Tracey Gold is neither sharing the laughter nor the love with her former "Growing Pains" co-star Kirk Cameron after he blasted gay people on CNN.

Gold went to her Twitter page last night ... and posted, "I am a strong supporter of the #LGBT Community, and I believe in equal rights for all. #NOH8 #LOVE."

In fact, the image on Gold's Twitter page is a photo from the pro-gay rights NOH8 campaign.

As we previously reported, Kirk ignited a firestorm Friday night when he appeared on "Piers Morgan" and said, "I think [homosexuality is] ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

0305_growing_footer

lori

So, is this Tracy trying to be relevant? Way to jump on the bandwagon. No one asked you girl.

Melissa

I feel the same way as Kirk. I think he is a good Christian man and I feel like if he was asked his opionion then he has every right to express that opinion. My best friend is gay, he knows how I feel, I know how he feels but we still have love and respect for each other. Thats what being an adult means, if you disagree about something than so be it, drop it let it go. If you dont feel that way then why say hes crazy, that hes old fashion. He answers for what he believes you answer for what you believe. That is all that matters in the end.

stef

Kirk is entitled to his opinion and religious beliefs...the problem is, he does NOT give that same courtesy to anyone who doesn't feel the same way that he does. This is the guy who wanders around giving kids money to listen to him preach about his religion...FAKE money! Worthless money.

R

Did he say the gays should be discriminated against? "Cause I didn't hear that. He has every right to his opinions. And, I hope you don't drink and drive anymore, Tracey.

smartaleck

well can even describe them since gay means full of joy and these people are full of something else.. the other word I would not dirty my birth given title of man in latin (homme) to a contraction word.. but it is abnormal if many feel is not .. most are looking for the end of the world and this can be the end of man kind..got seriously think do you want a world like Demolition Man where people would not touch each other at all.. or would you like another Kaligula in power like back in the early days of the world can we really handle another one in power...I would suggest dont open pandora's box this type of people were condemn and label as such for a reason that the world has forgotten..

Say It Isn't So

CRAZY username "Kelly" is going around to everyone's comments and posting NASTY things. I say FIND her comments and thumbs down ALL of them, show her that she's a hateful human being and a BULLY. What a joke, she's also a MOR.ON!!! ;P

Dave

Yet another strong armed attempt to take away the right of freedom of speech from the majority. Why dont they just leave and form their own country where they can rewrite the bible science and the constitution?

TabloidXpress

The definition of "hate" is not to oppose someone's right to freedom of thought, word, or action. Freedom is not a hate crime.

ChefDavid22

I always find it ironic that the “NoHATE” people immediately lash out WITH hate when you don’t agree with them. You don’t have to agree with Kirk. His comments were neither inflammatory nor full of hate. He simply gave his opinion when asked.

rick

No matter what race,religion,gender or sexuality we all should have equal rights. Tracey Gold is gold

Montclair Grandma

We have freedom of speech in the USA. Different people have different opinions. When you hear an opinion you don't agree with, ignore it. People are so quick now days to get their panties in a bunch every time they hear an opposing or stupid opinion. Just let that stupidity roll past you and focus your ire on some of the problems facing our nation.

Chuck

Kirk cameron is right on target...go Kirk.

ohboy

KELLY, ARE YOU SAYING HOMOSEXUALITY IS NATURAL? I would like you to enlighten me as to what is ignorant about my statement. If you're gonna call me ignorant because I took the side of evolution, then I want you to tell me SPECIFICALLY what is wrong and ignorant about it. You make general statements but you can't back them up. You got nothing bi*ch.

ME

(from a straight male) To each his own....If being gay is a choice, or born that way...it doesnt matter to me...It does not affect my life. If 2 men or women want to be married, thats their business. People keep bringing Religeon into the discussion, when in FACT religeon is the biggest evil of all time. How many millions have to die in the name of peoples fairytales gods.(kill the christians, kill the jews, and the flavor of today is kill oll of the infidels... IMO if you are a good person, and are a asset and not a liability to society, than do as you please. As all people who are different in society would want out of life. You do not have to agree with homosexuality, but no one is asking you to be gay so whats the problem?

angela