'Growing Pains' Star

Kirk Cameron is DEAD WRONG

on Gay Rights

3/5/2012 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0305-tracey_kirk_BN_01
Tracey Gold is neither sharing the laughter nor the love with her former "Growing Pains" co-star Kirk Cameron after he blasted gay people on CNN.

Gold went to her Twitter page last night ... and posted, "I am a strong supporter of the #LGBT Community, and I believe in equal rights for all. #NOH8 #LOVE."

In fact, the image on Gold's Twitter page is a photo from the pro-gay rights NOH8 campaign.

As we previously reported, Kirk ignited a firestorm Friday night when he appeared on "Piers Morgan" and said, "I think [homosexuality is] ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

0305_growing_footer

Chris

Since when does a person not have rights??? What Kirk said was that the physical and sexual act between two of the same sex is wrong. Look, we need to avoid all the outside noise from the politics to the media to every hate group out there (that means the non and pro gay groups out there). Each individual who has an opinon needs to go into a closed room and ask this question. Will God say to the person who is physically involved with another person of the same sex be pleased with his actions. I think the same question can be asked of those who are unfaithful to their spouses...will God be pleased with those persons. My take is that he'll throw them both out of his kingdom, unless they repent.

Michelle

So my question is. If you are in favor of equal rights aka gay marriage. You are also a supporter of polygamy? Since they should have equal rights or are you discriminating against that group of people? You open the door for one you MUST! open it for all. Why do you get to decide?

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

You all who are obsessed with gay sex and the mechanics of gay sex are sinners for thinking about gay sex and holding images of gay sex in your minds.

i'm a lawyer!

i wish people would just let this man have his opinion. who cares? there are people who think jews are greedy and races shouldn't mix, etc., etc. and it doesn't matter because it's just an opinion.

Marie

The homosexuals deserve to breathe the same air and enjoy the same civil rights as the heterosexuals. I am glad this society in general is not ruled by homophobic heterosexuals. Shame on Kirk Cameron for being a homophobe. His heart is filled with hatred and intolerance. He is not a real christian. Where is the love I would ask him?

Kate

What happened in this country that a person cannot express his opinion without everyone jumping all over him. Kirk came onto a talk show and he talked - that's all. I respect Tracey for her opinion and GLADD for theirs and I would never think to tell them what to think. I live in California and I voted against gay marriage - I still believe marriage is between a man and a woman. There is nothing anyone can say to make me change my mind.

Marie

i'm a lawyer!: 3 minutes ago
------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes just expressing an opinion it can kill another person. If you say to a little black kid that he is going to Hell and be a slave when he dies because God does not like black people so the child is going to be depressed and maybe kill himself. The same if you say to a young man that he is an abomination and a disgrace to society because he is gay and he kills himself you are still responsible for his death because your opinion killed his spirit. Hitler started with an opinion that the jews were an inferior race and then he turned his opinion into the law and created his Nazi movement. His opinion killed thousands of jews. People who express hate and intolerance they should be criticized because it is dangerous and ethically wrong to hear them say hateful words and do nothing.

Manders

Funny, the words Kirk Cameron used when referring to the LGBT community, are EXACTLY the same words I would used to describe the body of his work.

jujubee

most of the gay community idolizes celebrities who go out of their way to kiss their a*sses and express their "deep concern" for gay rights but the very minute another person comes out and disagrees with their lifestyle, they practically burn him at the stake..leave kirk alone, he was asked a question and answered it very respectfully
on another note..it does state in black and white in the Bible that marriage is a union between a man and a woman, but since most of the angry gays and gay supporters on here clearly don't even follow a religion, why on earth would u care if you could be married or not? That just doesn't even make sense. You want to be joined using a sacred ceremony created by a God you don't believe in?

Danny

It makes me laugh that if you dont agree with someone you start name calling. The people who are bashing him by name calling just shows you have no intellagent retort for what he had to say . Now I do agree with him I dont hate gay people but I do disagree with the life style. Now for Ms.Gold she said nothing worng she shared her views. Those who bring up her past substance issues.Calling her names are just as worng as the people who are calling Kirk names for his views and his faith.

andrea

Shut up tracy you are a carpet munching lipstick lesbian with no morals..God made Adam n Eve NOT Adam N Steve!!!

stu

cute & smart=Tracey!

LAWRENCE

The media and all the gay rights groups can continue to force their agenda upon me but it doesn't mean that I have to accept it. Why should I accept you if you can't even accept my views an opinions? While I don't agree with everything Kirk said it's his right to say it so why all the hate? I hate to break the news to gay people but there's more people that agree with Kirk than agree with you. Lastly all I can say is that there's a reason a male/male or woman/woman can't reproduce but just keep telling me it's natural.

Danny

People who bash him for what he said is worng. Someone asked him a question he answered it. Good for him.I to am a Christian and I agree with him. That does not mean Hate Gay people I just disagree with their lifestyle is all.

Kate