Mickey Rourke

'Moneyball' is Frickin' Torture

3/6/2012 8:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

030612_rourke_still

Brad Pitt's "Moneyball" was 133 minutes of unbearable, brain-melting MISERY ... this according to Mickey Rourke.

Rourke was leaving the gym in L.A. yesterday when he joked about using the movie as a torture device ... "I'm gonna tie you to a chair and make you watch 'Moneyball' all f*cking night."

For the record, Rourke and Brad Pitt don't seem to have a beef ... in fact, there are all sorts of pics of them smiling together over the years. Guess he really just HATED the movie.

So, we gotta ask ...

Joshua

You know whats torture is Mickeys Face after all that plastic surgery

EDITA ON STEROIDS

damn im glad somebody out there said it..moneyball sucked a$sss

Grouchy Smurf

I enjoyed the movie immensely. But then again I love all things baseball and remember the season depicted in the movie very well as I lived in Oakland at the time and attended as many home games that season as possible.
When I was kid The A's were the World Champions and I still remember them that way. The only team I love as much as the A's are the Yankees.

bigsampson

haha this guy....sorry you still suck as an actor and anything anyone told you in the SAG is lying to you. Sorry but I think I downloaded that ****ty movie you were just in that ripped off 300....you were the worst part of the movie.

TJ

It was a terrible movie. I didn't think it was possible to make baseball any more boring.

MIKE

Mickey cant judge any actor as he can only play himself hardly an actor.

Lindsay

Torture? If Mickey wants to talk about torture, he needs to stare at his face in the mirror for 10 seconds.

Anal Del Rey

Mickey Rourke is right on the money(ball)! The movie sucked ass.

Christy

I am glad I am not the only person who thought that movie was awful. I couldn't wait for the damn end!

Frantique

Som Mickey obviously never sat through "The Wrestler"...?

RaffyBStatenIsland

What gets me is that the A's never won a Pennant under Billy Beane -- and now, because of his cheapness, Oakland may lose the team entirely. Meanwhile, in 2002, the A's won 102 games but lost in the playoffs to Minnesota, who had roughly the same payroll, but nobody made a movie about them. Is Oakland more glamorous than Minneapolis? I don't think so. And the Twins have a new ballpark so they'll stay in Minnesota for years to come.

Chas

Mick...no, your scenes in the Expendables was torture. Actually that whole movie was torture. Kind of like your face.

peoplearesilly

Looking at him and listening to his opinion on anything is TORTURE.

Hep

First he quits Seven Psychopaths (which is going to be a GREAT film), he disses THAT director, and now this. Better consider retiring, Mickey, I doubt you are on many "Must Have" lists right now.

billy cema

Brad Pitt is too much of a narcissist for my taste. He seems to just throw any of his partners under the bus, after he's through with them. And that includes both genders.
So thank you, Mickey Rourke! Understand the manager of the baseball team in real life was outraged at his false portrayal.
Of course you have made bad movies. Seriously, I don't know of any actor who hasn't.
We used to have actors who spoke their mind. Remember when the late Aldo Ray said, "What a hambone!" regarding an oscar winner? Or, Robert Mitchum, who said that John Wayne wore 4-inch heels in his footwear? (Thus, the funny walk?"
Or, Conan O'Brien's allegedly said: "Oprah Winfrey issued a statement that even though she appeared on the "Ellen" coming out episode, she's not gay. Meanwhile, Ellen DeGeneres issued a statement saying even though she appeared on "Oprah", she's not black"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments