Bowflex Guy

I Didn't Get My Abs

From Using That Machine

3/7/2012 4:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_9l3t5vlh_0_m2077c1s
Despite blasting "diet meals" in the Bowflex commercial, fitness model TJ Hoban tells TMZ -- he got his shredded abs nearly ENTIRELY by eating well ... not from using the Bowflex machine. Shocker.

According to TJ -- who proved his abs were 100% legit last night in Hollywood by lifting up his shirt -- the real secret behind a chiseled stomach isn't busting your ass on some trendy machine ... "It's all about diet man."

It's pretty crazy ... considering TJ squarely bashes diet plans in the Bowflex commercial -- claiming, "no diet plan" can build muscle and burn fat like the Bowflex machine.

We called Bowflex for comment -- no word back yet.

As for TJ's one super secret fat-melting ingredient in his ab-shredding diet plan -- check out the video ...

Kabala

GENES is the key, BRO

Liz

I am sure his diet consists of very lean protein and veggies with low carbs. Some diet, that is the way everyone should eat. He also exercises regularly. Which is what everyone should also do. My husband and I, in our 50's and 60's, are far from fat or obese because we follow those guide lines. Eat well.

maria

So.....TJ's you eat the hand that feeeds you! nice to know .You will not get another job !

Metta Worldhate

Yes, a steady diet of steroids.

(Yes, I know you inject them, not eat them)

Seldombinlaid

Something tells me bowflex is going to sue his can. I've never seen a person get a stomach like that by just eatting properly. Anyone else?

AyeJay

Some of you are over analyzing his comment. I sure he meant that in order for you go get a body like that, you need to eat right. You can work out 6 hours a day but if you still eat sh-tty food, then you're not going to see much of a difference. That, and good genes, not everyone can get abs not matter how fit they are.

mad nan

you cant get muscles/abs like that without some exercise to strengthen and tone. Food alone will not do it. so he lies on tv and in real life. DUH.

PEOPLE stop eating processed foods. buy fresh and cook it yourself. buy organic when possible. Can and packaged foods have so much crap added. Fast food is bad too... INCLUDING their salads. Too much chemicals in cleaning and then you put nasty chemical dressing on it... yuk. if you have time to waste money on bad food, you have time to buy better and eat it.

gil

Abs are made at the kitchen, not at the gym.

Rebecca

There is a difference between "a diet" and "diet". "A diet" is eating particular foods trying to loose weight. "Diet" is simply what you eat. "Diet" can be anything from lettuce to triple whopper. Obviously, his "diet" is what he watches. He controlls his "diet" he is not on "a diet".

bunny

I worked for Bowflex in 2002. That machines weakness is the abs. The trainers didn't even use those machines and everyone had to do extra things, not only on the Bowflex.

ManiacalZebra

Diet doesn't create muscle. He got those abs through exercise. Probably not the Bowflex, but exercise none the less.

Chase

He'll be looking for a new job...

Superman

If I didn't think the Bowflex executives were miserly, I would say kiss them residuals good-bye. But, I doubt they want to spend more money to make a new commercial. Too bad the government mainly just goes after supplement companies for false advertising.

RaffyBStatenIsland