Country Star Jerrod Niemann

Flips Out As Tour Bus Explodes

3/7/2012 7:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0307_jerrod_bn_arrow
Country superstar Jerrod Niemann-- the guy who sings "Lover, Lover" -- is lucky to be alive ... after his tour bus caught fire and then exploded after a performance in Tennessee.

According to reports, Niemann -- along with his band, his father and his uncle -- had just got on the bus when his friend Lee Brice warned everyone about a possible fire on board.

Everyone quickly got off the bus ... and a short time later there was an explosion followed by a fireball that engulfed the back of the bus.

As the bus was burning, Jerrod, Lee and another friend whipped out their middle fingers and took a pretty rock star pic in front of the blaze. Jerrod later tweeted, "Thank the good Lord that @leebrice was here tonite or I'd be Freddy Krueger."

Officials are still investigating the cause of the blaze.

Kelsey

Is that the bodyguard from Rock of Love?

cass

And this is 'News'? Why?

ronin

who?

Another wannabe who has to do something outrageous to get noticed.

rather sad if you ask me

ronin

ok, so maybe I was a bit hasty in my "who" question, and labeling him a "wannabe"

SO, I did some research and found out that he's released 3 albums (2 in the past 10 years) and has released 6 singles ( a #1, #4 and #13---the other 3 weren't worth mentioning)

I'm sorry for my ignorance on his superstar status....I just thought the term "superstar" was reserved for someone who's distanced themselves from "the rest of the pack"

ShelcyMonkey

too bad the guy on the far left (JON STONE) wasnt on the bus when it happened. he is a CONVICTED child molester. molested his own young daughter. TRUE STORY. dont know why these guys cling to that FREAK.

lalaland

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they called 911 BEFORE posing for photos and hitting Twitter.

RD

Wow!!! Those a some cool dudes!!! NOT!!

Tigers Wood

It was lucky God was watching out for them. I pray that everything goes better for you Jerrod.

Kimba

This is too bad. I love Jerrod Niemann's voice and like some of his music. But, I would hardly consider him a "superstar". Furthermore, how sad that with all of the pics he could have posed for, he chose to display a vulgar gesture. And then had the audacity to thank "The Good Lord". Come on Jerrod, get your priorities in order. One does not have to "flip the finger" to the world to prove what a "rock start" one is...NOT!!

erkg

'Thank the lord' now lets flip off everyone - isn't that very contradictory? (to put it nicely).

There's a problem here

I am impressed that they showed such maturity in the face of a potential catastrophe. I'm sure the effects of freebasing got them through it, as you can see by their demeanor.

lipsticksmack

Hot hot hot
why not when you have a chance like that
not any ordinary picture that's forsure

ted

As lame as his music.

Sherry

He is not a country superstar. He has one hit.

CCCC

He's not a superstars. He's a one song wonder. I don't even think the song was a hit. And I say he was shaking and baking on the bus.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments