« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star

My Unborn Baby

Did Not Survive the Birth

3/7/2012 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WWE star Kia Stevens
WWE star Kia "Kharma" Stevens did not deliver a healthy baby boy on December 31st, despite what she told friends. Kia tells TMZ the child tragically died before she was able to give birth.

Kia tells us she is still devastated over the loss ... and initially lied to friends about the child being "healthy" because she was incredibly emotional and was afraid to tell the public the truth after announcing her pregnancy on live TV.

Kia says she's finally coming to grips with everything ... and wants to help other women in her situation.

"I am planning to start a foundation for women that have experienced the same thing" ... Kia says ... adding, "It's a bigger club than people think."

Kia tells us she's already organizing several events to raise awareness ... and will have information about her foundation available on her Twitter page in the near future.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cole

Hopefully her charity can mean something good can come from this horrible, tragic situation ladies and gentlemen.

two cents

Losing a child wasn't on her horizon before this tragedy struck her. I just find situations like this distasteful and a tad hypocritical. NOW, she wants to bring awareness, only because it happened to her. Otherwise she would be completely ignorant but because it touched her, she has to spread the word? There are so many causes out there, we're bombarded every day. Fact is: Sometimes life sucks. It deals you a cra.ppy hand and it's not fair. Happens to everyone. You're not special.

Lisa

2 Cents you are of course allowed to spout your opinion, but consider this: how many things are you unaware of now that need attending to that you will only be aware of when it happens to you? I bet you have no idea, because you aren't aware of them. You must be the kind of person that holds others responsible for the negativity that happens in your life. That's just my opinion of course.

thestupid

Oh dear :(

bored

poor Kharma! she finally makes it to the wwe and now this!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

So, the baby was stillborn or she had a miscarriage? If you want to raise awareness, you might want to start with being clear about the subject you wish to raise awareness about.

This story is strangely worded. And who tells people they had a baby when they didn't (besides Beyonce)?

If she really did lose her baby, I feel sorry for her. This story just seems "off."

Koriander

I don't make a habit of talking about it, but one of my earliest memories is holding my mom, after she miscarried my little sister. She wasn't given all of the tests pregnant women are supposed to go through, so she didn't know what was wrong until too late. It's why I have a hard time calling anybody "sister" though I can name off a few friends who are like sisters to me.

My heart goes out to Kharma/Kong/Ms. Kia at this time. If she can get her foundation off the ground, I'll scrape up what I can for a donation. I hope the best for her and the man in her life, and I hope those horrid bitches at the WWE, who tormented her and teased her not only on TV, but on Twitter, will leave her alone.

Chrishell

ok Rachel first off she's is not obese she a train wrestler meaning she is training and exercising it had nothing to do with her weight and age and to its pretty ignorant of you to say that *Rachel: Maybe it had something to do with the fact she is an obese woman in her mid-thirties?* sweetie next time dont be quick judge a person you wouldn't like somebody calling you ugly , dumb or obese and what you put does make an ugly person oh i look at your profile wow youre also stupid and immature

Umm ok...

I don't pay attention to WWE or this person at all, but this story sounds like there is missing information. A still-birth or late stage pregnancy loss at a Hospital would usually have all the proper counseling surrounding it to assist with the mother's mental state and appropriate funeral planning. Was she wrestling during the pregnancy?

Gretel

I don't know who she is and I'm sure she's hater fodder, but being pregnant and wanting the child becomes your whole world and to lose it is devastating no matter who you are. I feel bad for her.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

And, TMZ, your headline "my unborn baby didn't survive the birth" makes no sense.

Tony

I feel so bad for Kharma. I hope that her foundation does extremely well. When she announced her pregnancy you could tell she was so happy. Me thoughts and prayers go out to you Kia Stevens

MIDNIGHT TOKER

maybe the dingo ate her baby,or she did

Sabreshbk

Really sad to hear about this. And to @Umm ok...: once she found out she was pregnant she stopped wrestling immediately

dd

Who does that? She need help, pretending her baby lived is sick.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments