Philadelphia Cream Cheese

No WHEY We're Advertising

on 'GCB'

3/7/2012 10:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0307_phili_gcb_logos_ex
Kraft Philadelphia is seriously cheesed off over the direction of ABC's new dramedy "GCB" -- telling TMZ, the cream cheese company has decided to yank ALL of its advertisements from the controversial show.

A rep for the company tells us, "Philadelphia has decided to pull its advertising from GCB ... We have received a few complaints from consumers and their opinions about our advertising are important to us."

The rep adds, "We have recently decided to redirect our advertising to other programs."

"GCB" -- based on the book "Good Christian Bitches" -- has come under fire for its arguably derogatory portrayal of Southern Christian women.

As we first reported, NY Councilman Peter Vallone has already called for his constituents to boycott the show

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Cujeaux

Sounds like a good show.

Kaya

congratulations, you've just made this the number one show on television. thanks a lot.

Mis

aww.. Bless your Heart.

cdub

I actually liked the show. It was more about what happened in the past and how one can use the christian faith to justify being nasty which happens everyday. Oh and btw, I am a southern christian woman from an affluent family in Houston, which is another version of Dallas or "The Dirty D" as my circle of friends calls it.

brandon

i watched 2 mins of this show... what a waste of time its trying to be sex an the city but with value... what a **** show... next plesase

Cromulent

Of course if the show was titled "GMB" for "Good Muslim B*tches" the protests would be a mite stronger.

Who am I kidding? No TV exec would approve such a show in the first place. Only one religion can be singled out for TV ridicule.

chucklehead

i haven't seen the show, but i can tell you from experience they show is right on the money. as the saying goes, the one who protest the most has the most to hide.

NocturnalDirtPeople

You know all this controversy makes me actually want to watch.Im curious now.

Rhubino

Because in reality good Christian women end up in heaven as food crazy angels making treats and flirting with half naked men angels. Love it.

Montclair Grandma

I watched it and really enjoyed it. If viewers don't like it they can not watch it. Why people think they have to formally boycott and get advertisers riled up is beyond me. If you don't like it, don't watch it. I liked the movie THE HELP and I like the tv show GCB

Dana Stein Klingensmith

I moved to the Dallas area from Wisconsin 5 1/2 years ago and WELCOME to Highland Park/Preston Hollow!! This is EXACTLY how the woman are. It's sick. It may be inappropriate, but sadly it is right on point.

mebrat24

Do they advertise on any cable station such as e, bravo, tnt fx fox news mtv bet. If they do they they need to shut up, if not they good for them. Don't care either way.

obama'saracist

Catholics are part of the christian belief.(believing in christ)how many children have been RAPED by Catholics and covered up?how many have been killed because of religion.the Christians need to shut the f... up,dumbest humans on earth falling for the oldest scam in the world

LA you're on the line

They pulled the advertising over a "few" complaints? So let's start flooding Kraft with complaints that we will stop buying Kraft products because they cave to a few people who don't know how to change the channel. I believe Kraft advertised on soap operas for years, and you are telling me this show is worse than those were?

dramaq18

I think it's very tongue in cheek and hilarious. I'm from DFW and I'm not offended. My friend and I giggled because we know "those girls"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments