Rush to Rush Limbaugh

STOP USING OUR MUSIC

... or Else

3/7/2012 12:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0307_rush_BN_01
The '80s have come back to bite Rush Limbaugh in the ass ... Rush (the band) has followed Peter Gabriel's lead and have demanded Limbaugh stop using their music on his radio show ASAP.

Rush (the band) was FURIOUS when they discovered Rush (radio guy) was playing their song "The Spirit of Radio" as he ranted about wanting to see sex tapes of Sandra Fluke. The band got even more upset when they learned it wasn't the first time Rush (radio) has used their music on his show.

The band has since fired off a cease and desist letter to Rush (radio) ... saying, "The public performance of Rush’s music is not licensed for political purposes and any such use is in breach of public performance licenses and constitutes copyright infringement."

The letter continues, "Accordingly, we hereby demand that you immediately stop all use of Rush’s music and confirm that you will do so."

As for Peter Gabriel ... his song, "Sledgehammer" was playing on Rush's radio show when he called Fluke a "slut" ... and, shocker, Peter's pissed too.

Gabriel's rep said the singer has demanded that his music also be pulled from Limbaugh's show.

wha wha WHA

Limbaugh is a douchebag. I bet that jerkoff probably has a ****load of skeletons in his walk in closet next to his 2112 album.

Nick

Rush Limbaugh hates black people. He also hates women. He hates President Obama Because he is black. Rush is trash.

P.S.Obama/Biden 2012.

Chuck

Rush and Gabriel should be happy anybody plays their moldy stuff. Rush Peter gabriel can go straight to the oldies pile.Who cares.

Mayu

you know... I feel bad for Rush in one aspect. I'm by no means a fan of his, nor do I like what he said... however, this whole "slut" thing has been overblown by the media. No one was boycotting Bill Maher for calling a Palin a c*nt which was more derogatory against women than calling someone a slut. Slut is actually 2 steps under c*nt. No one attacked the pundit in Milwaukee who recently said he was happy Andrew Breitbart died and would put weed killer on his grave to make sure he died again like the weed he is, and laughed as his callers wished Breitbart's widow and young children harm. No one called for him to be fired or boycotted. What about those who made fun of Palin's mentally handicapped baby? A FREAKIN BABY. there is such a double standard, its hard to take any advertiser who would pull their ads from Rush's show seriously. In fact, 2 people who chastised Rush for calling a woman a slut, were recently recorded celebrating the death of Breitbart with little regard for his widow or children.

msg

Why can't these musicians shut their traps! Now I will forever think of them as left-wing policically correct idiots! Rush isn't my kind of music but Gabriel will not be on my iPod.

angelmilan

Last I checked, freedom of speech is constitutionally protected. So why is it when Rush exercises his 1st amendment right, the media goes into a frenzy, all to protect someone who wants their birth control covered 100%? What is wrong with this world now? Does she expect the government to pay for her sex life, law school loans, increased gas expenditures, etc., etc., etc....just shove it onto the taxpayers once again. Be responsible for your own bills, period.

brad

Way to go Geddy Lee, Neal Peart, and Alex Lifeson in "Rush"! I don't blame them one bit.

I've been a HUGE fan of the rock band "Rush" for as long as I can remember. I have everyone of their albums and listen to them at least once a month. Their music is complex and rich and awesome so I rarely get tired of listening to those CDs. I've seen them in concert 5 times.

brad

Who is this right wing moron Rush Limbaugh anyway? Some loudmouth political shock jock on the radio or what? I hope after Rush gets booted off the radio airwaves, people will think about THE BAND "Rush" and not this idiot when they hear the word "Rush". The rock group "Rush" is legendary. One of the best of the best in the history or rock and roll. These guys are like ph.Ds in rock music. Genius musicians. All of them.

Limbaugh called a woman a slut because she was commenting about women's need to get birth control pills via their health insurance? WTF? Jeez. Is this guy a neanderthal caveman or what? Birth control pills don't even cost that much anyway. Why would he care? You can get them for like $4/month at WalMart. I paid for them myself for my girlfriend for several months one time.

elpablo

Sandra Fluke is a WH*RE. Go get some condoms at the free clinic if you have the itch that bad. Tramp!

Paul

PLEASE RUSH the group should be happy SOMEBODY is playing their music. As if people would tie them to any comments made by the host. What a joke. Sanctimonious jerks, washed-up jerks that is.

hummm

wow that band must be grateful at least someone is playing their music.

brad

I hope "The Pretenders" rock group also sends Rush Limbaugh a "cease and desist" letter so he can no longer do Limbaugh's "theme song" for the show. THAT would really get his attention. The song is called "My City Is Gone". It's a song about Toledo, Ohio not this fat, oxycontin popping drug addict, loudmouth, right wing wacko shock jock.

jason

LOL...I'll bet the usernames "Josh" and "Selebraties Suck" are sock puppets of the same dip sh** user. No substance!

brad

Paul, go "f" yourself dude. You don't have a clue how popular "Rush" has been for at least 30 years! These guys are right up there with Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Aerosmith, Van Halen, and other greats.

Their tours are STILL sell outs. I saw them just a few years ago and they still play as well as they ever did. Neal Peart is one of the best drummers of all time. Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee are one of the best guitarists and bass guitarists of all time. Ask anyone who REALLY knows about the history of rock and roll. You are an ignorant little dufus if you think otherwise.

Bill C.

When was the last time Rush was relevant, 1980? They're overrated has-beens. They should be glad someone is playing their music.