Amanda Bynes

Bolts from Cops

During Traffic Stop

3/8/2012 11:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0308_amanda_bynes_tmz_EX
Amanda Bynes made a HUGE mistake during a traffic stop in L.A. yesterday ... she blew off the cop while he was writing the ticket and drove away from the scene ... TMZ has learned.

Bynes was originally pulled over for talking on a cell phone while driving yesterday afternoon. The officer approached the car and collected all of Amanda's information so he could write up the citation.

But Amanda didn't feel like waiting around ... and hit the gas before the cop could hand over the ticket for the actress to sign.

We're told the cop decided NOT to pursue Bynes because he didn't feel she was dangerous ... and besides, he already had all of her information.

Later that day, Bynes rolled by the police station and signed the ticket ... but we're told she's not off the hook for leaving the scene early.

Authorities are currently investigating the situation ... and will decide if Bynes should face further charges for her untimely exit.

Calls to Amanda's rep have not been returned.

Grace

I have no idea who this person is but she is really stupid for driving away from a cop when he already had all her info.

Mikey

Last time someone tried the "I'm a celebrity and can do whatever the F__k I want" it didn't work out to well.

Nicoleasm

I think it has more to do with the officer not all cops. Another officer might have chased her down for pulling away. It really is the same as fleeing the scene. I definitely wouldn't try that move! However, I've had officers give me a ticket, while others will give me a warning. I accidently ran a stop sign and got a ticket, cost me $120. I did it again, 3 months later, and that officer gave me a warning, no ticket. And no that's not a habit for me to run stop signs, I'm more careful! But whats odd about this is that I thought if you don't sign the ticket, it's not valid in court. So that was really irresponsible on his part! The officer should be reprimanded too! That would be crazy and stupid of him to show up in court with an unsigned ticket

CountryGal

This skank can run from the cops with no consequences? I've seen video of criminals taking off after being pulled over and they get chased. Wtf is wrong with California?

Shawn

sounds like someone had a little cocaine on them.

Grouchy Smurf

I always thought that chick was an idiot... and she just provided the proof.

ummm?!

When he returned to his patrol car, she probably thought he was done with her. Silly girl.

PM2901

She better be glad she's not black! She'd be UNDER the jail right now!

gossipgirl86

Wow! They are trying to DECIDE if they are going to press charges??!! If that were any one of NORMAL people they would have pursued a high speed chase and thrown our AZZ in jail!!! SMDH!

PM2901

Go see Woody Harrelson's new movie, "Rampart." It gives a true depiction of how LAPD is. I was born and raised in L.A. It's the most racist police department in the country, and they give preferential treatment to celebs. . .especially young, blonde, female celebs. LAPD is corrupt.

Susie

If I had done this I'm pretty sure the cop would have chased me down and tased and thrown in jail... IT IS NOT FAIR THESE PEOPLE GET LET OFF THE HOOK BECAUSE THEY ARE FAMOUS. IT IS WRONG. They should get the same treatment as EVERYONE else. PERIOD.

PM2901

This is the same actress who called the press 2 years ago to announce that she was retiring from acting. Dumb bi*tch!

Who Knew

What happened to her, she seemed to be on her way to a great career and than nothing?

Tookie Topbox

This girl has really gone crazy in the last few years. She was such a sweet child and all of a sudden went batsh!t insane in her tweets, dating and now driving. Whad up girlfriend?

obama'saracist

are you fing kidding me.if it were a normal intelligent person they would probably be dead right now.fing cops play fair or leave

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments