Amanda Bynes

Bolts from Cops

During Traffic Stop

3/8/2012 11:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0308_amanda_bynes_tmz_EX
Amanda Bynes made a HUGE mistake during a traffic stop in L.A. yesterday ... she blew off the cop while he was writing the ticket and drove away from the scene ... TMZ has learned.

Bynes was originally pulled over for talking on a cell phone while driving yesterday afternoon. The officer approached the car and collected all of Amanda's information so he could write up the citation.

But Amanda didn't feel like waiting around ... and hit the gas before the cop could hand over the ticket for the actress to sign.

We're told the cop decided NOT to pursue Bynes because he didn't feel she was dangerous ... and besides, he already had all of her information.

Later that day, Bynes rolled by the police station and signed the ticket ... but we're told she's not off the hook for leaving the scene early.

Authorities are currently investigating the situation ... and will decide if Bynes should face further charges for her untimely exit.

Calls to Amanda's rep have not been returned.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Buzz

If, this would have been someone else. Cop chase would have happened. Once that person was caught, handcuffs would have been used. But, once again, have money and fame. NADA...
I thought maybe, she was a nice girl. Just another Blonde Hollywood Biatch...

john johnson

i just had a feeling if she were very, very dark-skinned there would likely have been a major pursuit with guns blazzing.

Seldombinlaid

Rest room break???? Not smart to just leave an officer of the law when their doing their job. I would say she has some explaining to do. I haven't heard alot of bad about her, and she's great on TV so. What's the deal?

Hawk

Maybe she was on her way to an important audition!

HA! Jeez, I crack myself up.

joecrabs

Nothing more lame than a has-been reality start thinking she is above the law. The only thing missing here would have been the "don't you know who I am" speech.

W.A.R.

I know this comparison's been made already but I'm going to restate it because I AM A BLACK MAN: Are ya really kidding me? This Copper let HER DRIVE OFF?? Of course!!!If a Bro' or Sister did that --- they would've been chased down by a caravan of squad cars --- surrounded, whipped, tased, beaten and gassed ---and THEN SHOT!!!

bunny

Somebody has some mental issues that should probably be looked at.

Kevin

This story is the exact reason why people think these celebrities and sports people are POS! If this had been a non-celebrity, there would have been a car chase like you see on COPS and the driver would have been yanked from the car, hit with a tazer, etc. But in this case, she is a celebrity, it's OK that she drove off?? SAD.

donzaloog

I would like to detain her for being so sexy.

Florida Gator Killer

Im black and didnt Brandy get away with killing a ton of people??But lets be real,if she was black she wouldve been chased down and made an example of.

Michelle

I am not a religious person, but I pray she hasn't allowed alcohol or drugs to take over her life. She seemed like a good actress & level headed. Perhaps once she reached, "of age" where she was an adult, her own choices are poor? Self control is important & difficult, but the rewards are great. Anyone who has a complete disregard for authority, (leaves when an officer is giving you a ticket for example) is not thinking clearly and is lacking common respect, courtesy, sense, etc. I feel so bad for her family & for her.

Joy-Terese

i don't like when amanda bynes as a blonde.

RokuRules

Why are people making this a black & white thing? Amanda Bynes LOVES BLACK GUYS so she has love for the brothers, LOTS of love... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/11/amanda-bynes-prefers-choc_n_458179.html

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6