« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Eddie George

I Was NOT Cheating On My Wife

3/8/2012 3:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie George is adamant... he is JUST FRIENDS with pro golfer Rachel Connor
Retired NFL superstar Eddie George is adamant ... he's JUST FRIENDS with pro golfer Rachel Connor ... despite the fact he was a passenger in her car when she was busted for DUI at 2 AM this week.

George -- who's been married to singer Tamara Johnson since 2004 -- tells TMZ ... Connor was "simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride" Wednesday morning after a golf event in Florida.

0308_eddie_george_subasset
George says he "realized that Rachel lived the closest to where I was staying. So she offered to drop me off.  I believed her to be competent to drive and not impaired at all."

He was wrong ... allegedly. As TMZ first reported, cops believe Connor was HAMMERED ... because she could barely walk, couldn't count and reeked of booze. George was never accused of any wrongdoing.

Still, George reiterates, "Rachel Connor was simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride."

Here's Eddie's entire statement:

"As part of a two-day charity golf event, a group of us who had played together on Tuesday celebrated at dinner.  The group included Rachel Connor."

"After dinner, as everyone left the restaurant together, we realized that Rachel lived the closest to where I was staying. So she offered to drop me off.  I believed her to be competent to drive and not impaired at all.  We were stopped shortly after we left."

"At first, I hesitated to respond to this story. But I now see that people are willing to think the worst. So my wife, Tamara , and I believe we have to address this."

"Rachel Connor was simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride. No one in our group felt she was impaired or we all would have stopped her from driving."
For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Pudding Tang

i dunno why Eddie would cheat, his wife is not a thuggette or anything

Just_Me

What's done in the dark will always come to light. He's in the dog house big time!

Cognizant _illiberal

ignorant people praising rihanna read this you sheep

Phreaky

Of COURSE you weren't... you ALWAYS ride around with a single blonde in the middle of the night.

Marvin

Maybe his wife is dumb?

Zach Swan

Yep, she was drunk alright. Drunk on black man SEMEN. It's okay though, cause the wife has been bangin' the pool boy for years.

Pudding Tang

Rachel, you're not in Liverpool anymore!

G

Who is Eddie George?

Mike

Nice try, Eddie. You are full of baloney. I'm sure your wife was cool with you being alone with a drunk and pretty blonde at two in the morning.

Greygoose125

Eddie George to his wife: honey, what had happened was...

DizzKid

Eddie George -- You're idiot!

sean

They're just 2 good friends who were about to practice their "putting."

Throwback kid

Eddie, I believe your story as much as I believe Tiger fell asleep at the wheel and his wife smashed the window to save him and OJ was out chipping golf balls. Nice try though Eddie, maybe your wife is stupid enough to believe your story

Throwback kid

You don't have to explain to us Eddie! just keep tapping that young white booty home skillet!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Sounds like the blonde chick was in a hurry to get to the pad to get boned real quick by the way she was driving.