« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Eddie George

I Was NOT Cheating On My Wife

3/8/2012 3:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie George is adamant... he is JUST FRIENDS with pro golfer Rachel Connor
Retired NFL superstar Eddie George is adamant ... he's JUST FRIENDS with pro golfer Rachel Connor ... despite the fact he was a passenger in her car when she was busted for DUI at 2 AM this week.

George -- who's been married to singer Tamara Johnson since 2004 -- tells TMZ ... Connor was "simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride" Wednesday morning after a golf event in Florida.

0308_eddie_george_subasset
George says he "realized that Rachel lived the closest to where I was staying. So she offered to drop me off.  I believed her to be competent to drive and not impaired at all."

He was wrong ... allegedly. As TMZ first reported, cops believe Connor was HAMMERED ... because she could barely walk, couldn't count and reeked of booze. George was never accused of any wrongdoing.

Still, George reiterates, "Rachel Connor was simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride."

Here's Eddie's entire statement:

"As part of a two-day charity golf event, a group of us who had played together on Tuesday celebrated at dinner.  The group included Rachel Connor."

"After dinner, as everyone left the restaurant together, we realized that Rachel lived the closest to where I was staying. So she offered to drop me off.  I believed her to be competent to drive and not impaired at all.  We were stopped shortly after we left."

"At first, I hesitated to respond to this story. But I now see that people are willing to think the worst. So my wife, Tamara , and I believe we have to address this."

"Rachel Connor was simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride. No one in our group felt she was impaired or we all would have stopped her from driving."
For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

stargazer

@truth, what a load of lies. Black Women dont freak out, they behave the same way other women do when their men cheat. Now go run and tell that!!!

Denver

Hey Eddie, if you're friends with Deion Sanders, you might want his divorce lawyer's email address!

eman

Is this Eddie George or Bill Clinton

Derrick Green

and another thing for the ill-informed... An athletic, muscular black man and a cute well-framed white girl with a nice chest is NEVER (EVER) 'just a ride home', no matter what time of day it is

Jay

Adulterous son of a bitch lol

Truth

@stargazer. Don't know what planet you live on but i've seen many many black women lose it when they see a Black Man with a White girl. They know they can't compete with a "Real" Blonde. You must be in denial.

Mike

Apparently BJ's and Handy's don't count as cheating.

stargazer

niles

Well, if his wife actually buys that story more power to him.

mike

It more is what got pulled off then on.

stargazer

@truth, I am a Black Woman, so I would be the first to know. The reality Eddie's wife has more class than Tiger's wife weilding a club in her hand. Oh what about the white woman who KILLED the married NFL player. His wife had more dignity and class than the trash you speak of. The reality is Black Women aint shedding no tears. Black Women will continue to rise. LMAO!! Your ignorant belief is how YOU think Black Women should behave. Sorry, your comments dont fit in the real world. Besides white women get cheated on every day. I know alot of white husbands cruising through the Black Community looking for Black Women. Now go run and tell that. LMAO

betty

@Truth Well just wait and see how this Black wife reacts the color of the woman skin has nothing to do with how a woman reacts when her man cheats. Just shows all men will cheat if the opportunity presents itself.

HungWang

And I am the King of France. She is a 21 year old British whore. I'm sure her mom and dad and brother are proud.

fargone

So, you used your sober judgment and determined her to be the "soberist" person(and probably the hottest) one to drive you to your hotel and tuck you in?

Metta Worldhate

YOU LIE!!!

That chick was smokin', though. I understand.