« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Eddie George

I Was NOT Cheating On My Wife

3/8/2012 3:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie George is adamant... he is JUST FRIENDS with pro golfer Rachel Connor
Retired NFL superstar Eddie George is adamant ... he's JUST FRIENDS with pro golfer Rachel Connor ... despite the fact he was a passenger in her car when she was busted for DUI at 2 AM this week.

George -- who's been married to singer Tamara Johnson since 2004 -- tells TMZ ... Connor was "simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride" Wednesday morning after a golf event in Florida.

0308_eddie_george_subasset
George says he "realized that Rachel lived the closest to where I was staying. So she offered to drop me off.  I believed her to be competent to drive and not impaired at all."

He was wrong ... allegedly. As TMZ first reported, cops believe Connor was HAMMERED ... because she could barely walk, couldn't count and reeked of booze. George was never accused of any wrongdoing.

Still, George reiterates, "Rachel Connor was simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride."

Here's Eddie's entire statement:

"As part of a two-day charity golf event, a group of us who had played together on Tuesday celebrated at dinner.  The group included Rachel Connor."

"After dinner, as everyone left the restaurant together, we realized that Rachel lived the closest to where I was staying. So she offered to drop me off.  I believed her to be competent to drive and not impaired at all.  We were stopped shortly after we left."

"At first, I hesitated to respond to this story. But I now see that people are willing to think the worst. So my wife, Tamara , and I believe we have to address this."

"Rachel Connor was simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride. No one in our group felt she was impaired or we all would have stopped her from driving."
For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

daniel

Sorry Eddie, 'happily' married men are not out at 2AM with younger drunk single females with their wife's approval. I am thinking that you are using the 'Bill Clinton' definition of 'sex'? Will you be getting a divorce anytime soon?

Miley

blame it it all on that moonshine! and 16th and pregnant.... specially on Snookie and Dr. Drew... how dare you put stupid tv shows like that.... dont blame Eddie George for temptation.. blame MTV!

truth

Relax ladies. You are entitled to your opinions and my intention was not to upset you. I'm just going by my experience and also what my many black male friends say that if they had a choice they would take the white blonde. Have a nice weekend. :)

John Wayne

Give me that 'Beckey'

himminy

i was always an eddie george fan but i just googled his wife and all i can say is........she's a man, baby! eddie, you need to either upgrade to a hot wife or else just stay single if you can pull tail like this hot golfer.

kim

Come on Eddie, you got a beautiful blck wife, leave the blonde drunk black man chasing women alone.. your story is weak and i think you need more people ! get a gripe... that situation can only get worse for a black man.. wake up!

kim

Sorry .. who ever said his wife is ugly.. uh look again that blonde chick looks like an animal in the face..when a black man marries its not always about looks.. looks fade but strength and love and the ability to be a good wife is forever.. you can have those so called " hot chicks" who drop down at the drop of a hat.. no substance.. Eddie you better keep your wife .. thats where the longivity is .. looks dont matter trust me on that one and that other chick is no beauty queen from that picture!

kim

GREEN AL.. uh thats a little one-sided... you asked why black men dont be with black women sometimes.. i think you need to be asking in reverse.. do white women ever be with white men.. stop being one-sided.. it goes both ways,, and you know and i know .. the woman is the one who lets the relationship go one.. so if it is one she let it happen! learn the truth.. 2 white women .. 1 black man.. i think you need your priorities straight! and there are ;ots of black men who love and adore and only date black women!

e33

I hate chicks that have teeth like that. You won't every see them with their mouth shut. They're smiling at a funeral

Someone's goldfish

Eddie George: " She was...ah...going to sell me some golf clubs for my wife. Yeah that's it. Golf clubs for my wife."
Time to buy that $3 million (please forgive me) ring.

JessieP90

Eddie's wife is Taj from the R&B group SWUV...and they had a string of awesome hits in the late 90's early 2000's.

The problem with TMZ and the "like" no one has a sense of history --if it's two minutes old.

Taj--will take of this ---no doubt.

tribalhulk

She's not hot... Chunky, actually. Fat knees...

Who Knew

Just read he and his wife wrote a book about relationships, Oopsy, credability out the window.

tomas

Black man kryptonite!

Vandellish

Bad move Eddie...not that you tried to hit that but that you didn't notice she was sloppy drunk and drove the damn car yourself even if just for safety reasons.
I'll make sure to remember this next time I step out on the wifey. lol