Whitney Houston's Daughter

I Don't Want My Dad's Name

3/11/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0309_bobbi_kristina_brown_getty1_EX
Whitney Houston
's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown can't stand her name ... because of its association with her father Bobby Brown -- and now, TMZ has learned, she wants to change it all together.

Bobbi Kristina is telling friends ... she's wanted to change her name for years -- ever since her parents split -- but Whitney wouldn't let her.

Now that Whitney's gone, we're told the 19-year-old feels untethered -- and wants to finally change her name completely ... making it simply "Kristina Houston."

We're told Bobbi has made the decision with a sober mind and is in a "better place" than she's been in a while.

It's unclear when she plans to make the change official.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

Manimal

I don't know what that is really going to prove but whatever.

OBAMA CLAUS

okay she can change her name, but nothing stupid , if i was her i'd wait till she gets married then change it to her future husband's name , thus saving a few thousand bucks , plus it's a legal headache to change your name , social security, driver's license, insurance, all of her identity has to be redone ,

Meanie

Screw the name, just call yourself Bobbie Kristina, save the lawyer fees, and spend the $$$ on fixing your hippo teeth.

Tee

BOBBY IS SAID TO HAVE SAID THAT HER FATHER WOULD SAY HE'D COME VISIT HER AND NOT SHOW UP. SAY HE'D BRING HER THINGS AND NOT BRING THEM. HE WOULDN'T HELP RAISE HER. HE WOULDN'T TAKE CARE OF HER. AND SHE LIVED IN THE HOUSE AND SAW HIM HURT AND MISTREAT AND ABUSE (EITHER PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY OF WHICH THE LATER IS WORSE) HER.

WHEN YOU WITNESS THESE THINGS YOU WANT TO SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM THAT PERSON BECAUSE OF WHO THEY ARE. NOT MUCH. NOT SHOWING YOU THE LOVE. NOT SHOWING YOUR FAMILY THE LOVE.

I'VE BEEN THERE.

AND I'M IN THE SAME SITUATION AS BOBBY KRISTINA.

I AM NOW IN THE PROCESS OF CHANGING MY LAST NAME.

MUCH LOVE, HEALING AND BLESSING TO KRISTINA HOUSTON. MAY GOD BE WITH HER. IN ALL HER LIFE.

Whatever

I really don't want to be bothered with this chick. She has accomplished nothing in her life. I don't care what she calls herself, and I don't want to hear about what is going on in her life. Go away already. Your mother and father had the talent and they threw it away, until she does something real, shut up.

Lourdes Bigay

Give me a break dont believe everything you read or hear. Lets face it her mother was no angel and if she want to change her name than she would go all the way. She is listening to other people telling her about her father she was unable to get her way with Bobby once he got clean so this is the reason she is so against him. When the picture of her smoking drugs who did Whitney call. So people get out of these people life.

My 2 cents

She can change her name to XYZABC but it still won't change the father's name on the birth certificate. How did Ray J get a clean image? He's been known to do drugs and screw everything that isn't tied down. Well maybe that too. What about Dionne, she either put blocks up her nose as a child or rocks up it as an adult. And don't forget the processional led by grand wizard Dionne. Cissy had escorts on both sides helping her walk. Where Bobbi Kristina? Oh she is somewhere in line. Bobby did not kill Whitney. Whitney killed Whitney. The family needs to accept this and move on with the grieving process. Someone needs to keep a close eye on Bobbi Kristina, Kristina Houston or XYZABC whatever her name will be.

Tee

I DISAGREE. I AM DOING THE VERY SAME THING AND I'M MUCH OLDER THAN SHE. THIS IS A STEP IN MY HEAL - ING. I'M REMOVING HURTFUL, PAINFUL THINGS AND LIVING MY LIFE FREE. FREE OF THOSE CAUSING PROBLEMS. FREE OF THE PAIN CAUSED BY THAT PERSON. I'VE TRIED TO REMEDY IT. BUT THAT PERSON REFUSES TO HAVE A MEANINGFUL, UNHURTFUL RELATIONSHIP. SO I FREE HIM. AND I FREE MYSELF. I WILL DEFINE MY LIFE OF HEALING. IT IS TIME. AND THANK GOD THIS IS SOMETHING THAT I CAN CONTROL. I FEEL KRISTINA IS DOING THE RIGHT THING. IT WILL MAKE HER FEEL BETTER. IT WILL HELP HER MOVE ON.

WHO GIVES A FLYING ------ HOW BOBBY BROWN FEELS? IF HE CARED ABOUT HER, HE WOULDN'T HAVE ABUSED HER MOTHER, IN - FRONT - OF - HER! YOU CANT LOVE A CHILD PROPERLY BUT HURT THEIR VERY OWN MOTHER.

IF HE PROPERLY LOVED HER, HE WOULDN'T HAVE CREATED A CHILDHOOD OF HORROR FOR HER. BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T HAVE WANTED HER FOUNDATION TO BE SO FLAWED AND FILLED WITH ISSUES.

IF HE PROPERLY LOVED HER, HE WOULDN'T HAVE PROMISED TO COME SEE HER AND NOT SHOW UP. NO FATHER WITH THE RIGHT LOVE WOULD CONTINUALLY DO THAT.

IF HE PROPERLY LOVED HER, HE WOULDN'T KEEP HAVE TOLD HER HE'D BRING HER THINGS BUT NEVER BRING THEM. NO RIGHTFUL PARENT DOES THAT.

IT IS UNHEALING, LIKE KEEPING AN OPEN WOUND, TO GIVE AN UNWILLING LOVED ONE CHANCES, OVER AND OVER AND OVER. THE WOUND NEVER HEALS. YOU ARE ALWAYS HURTING OR ON A ROLLERCOASTER OF PAIN BETTER PAIN, PAIN, IT'S TO MUCH.

SHE IS DOING THE RIGHT THING.

ALOT SMARTER THAN ME.

I WISH I HAD DONE THIS MANY MANY MOONS AGO.

CEASE.
AND HEAL KRISTINA HOUSTON.

Tiki

I say "Go for it Krissy"! You are an adult now and you can make decisions for yourself. I wouldn't want to carry my father's name either if my father was ANYTHING like Bobby Brown. You've been called by your nickname "Krissy" all of your life anyway; so keeping only your middle names "Kristina Houston" is simply beautiful to me. When they named you Bobbi Kristina Houston Brown when you were born...I was like....eeeeehhhhh??

briona zduniak

i love that name its unique,,,,from the ashes grow a rose,,,,keep it girl,,,,

Linda Bland

I think Bobbi Kristina should have her name changed in honor of her Mother Whitney. I completely understand her reservations.

hardthinker

If..people...watch..Whitney's..interview..with..Oprah...they..would..know...what...really..happened...

lizziej

I say change it if that is what you want- as long as you don't hurt anyone else! This is your life. I always wanted to change my first name but never had the $$$$ and after 71 years I still have the name I dislike. Talk it over with Grandma--she will never steer you wrong.

Maverick

Maybe this little Diva / whack-job-in-training should spend $100 and get her teeth fixed. What a mess.

tonia

its really hard to tell whats truth from non truth in the famous world but if it is i think she would be making a big mistake you can change your hair eye clothes name all you want but you cant change who you are whitney and bobby are your parents and will foreever be that everytime she look in the mirror she see both or her parents dont try to hurt your dad instead try to get closer to him before my mom pass me and my dad wasnt very close but afther my mom passed we got really close until the end dont listen to what your family friends or the public say or think