Whitney Houston's Daughter

I Don't Want My Dad's Name

3/11/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0309_bobbi_kristina_brown_getty1_EX
Whitney Houston
's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown can't stand her name ... because of its association with her father Bobby Brown -- and now, TMZ has learned, she wants to change it all together.

Bobbi Kristina is telling friends ... she's wanted to change her name for years -- ever since her parents split -- but Whitney wouldn't let her.

Now that Whitney's gone, we're told the 19-year-old feels untethered -- and wants to finally change her name completely ... making it simply "Kristina Houston."

We're told Bobbi has made the decision with a sober mind and is in a "better place" than she's been in a while.

It's unclear when she plans to make the change official.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

doit

It's all about respect and it doesnt matter if she looks like him. If she doesn't respect the name then change it, move on. Do it girl!! Move on to the next chapter in your life :)

imanphillips@gmail.com

he is a good sering he sod be the next americ idol

John Knox

Well being Kristina Houston will also sell more records...I'm just saying. Part of the motivation?

Wendy

I feel fro this young lady. Watching the interview w/ Oprah, I can see she is in denial. As to deciding to change her name, I have my own ideas about that. I know she wants to follow in her mother's footsteps with singing and acting. Ans to deny your father now is a big mistake. You need him, you just are not mature enough to know it. I know your father made mistakes, but so did your mother. I know you loved your mother and still do. But this is something you will regret. I pray that you will allow him into your life. You need him more then you even know. Many of those in your life now will not be there forever. But your father loves you and you will always be his little girl. And now he is sober, so he had much more to offer then perhaps he did when your mother and he split. You choice, but a poor one IMO.

Billy Bob

I'm sure her direct family contacts have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Tony the Giant

Don't nobody like Bobby Brown. He has got about the worst temper than anybody I know. He use to get into fist fights with members of New Edition. So how you think this MF is gonna act in a domestic family setting? He's gonna go off on them too. Thats the reason why Bobby was the way he was with Whitney. And treating her the way he did in front of his daughter, Beating her up, spitting all in her face. Anytime somebody spits in somebody ls face, thats bad luck. He will never be successful. The only thing Bobby Brown will have from now on, is problems. And I hope he gets strapped down to the bottomless pit of hell for doing that.
I can see the fret all over kristina's face, during the Oprah interview, in how she feels about this maniac. But she expressed herself very well. And her vocabulary is very good. Despite all that she's been through, she still has good talking spirits. She is very protective too. Which is a good thing. Unlike a lot of women. And she will fight it to the death. Thats how you are suppose to think Kristina. You are a real soldier. Some women and girls will are always trying to work things out, no matter what they have to go through. And there are a few like you, who are real strong. Who refuse to be a sucker for learning things the hard way.

gracie

you cant your name just like, think miilions time gurl..

Tony the Giant

I was watching Oprah and Kristina, and listening to her point of view about why is everybody showing their love and being so nice to her mother now, unlike when she was alive.
That is because death comes like a thief in the night. Catches everybody totally off-guard. But like people always say in general, when a family member dies, thats when everybody gets together, talk, eat, drink and have big fun. Some people haven't seen or heard from each other in over 20 some years or so. They be making history, like I don't know what. People be saying, we should do this more often. Its a shame, that everytime we hook up like this is when somebody dies, it's really a shame. Then they end up sticking to their word that they will see each other at least a couple times a year or more. That'll work. It might not help for Whitney, being that she is dead. But nobody is hanging on the edge, not even Whitney. Cause now the spotlight is now on Kristina. And it will make her mommy's spirits happy, to know that her baby is achieving and is doing alright. Whitney was like Oprah. Very rich, popular and conservative.Whitney tried to stay that way. Till this maniac forced himself on her. And cleaned her out, for as much as he could. But she was smart enough to save part of it. Which was the best thing she did. I respect Whitney for that. She was letting that maniac know he wasn't gonna get it all. And never feel like you need a man, to make you look important. Cause celebrity marriages, don't last anyway. Take your time. You don't need that hurt added on to your problems. And you watch out for some of these crazy women out here too. Just limit yourself to family members, for now. You don't need no conversion, at this time. To making your problems worser.

dragonlady

Why all this focus on the girl's looks? Her nose is fine--it's an African nose, and BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL. As for the spacing of her teeth, it's a sign of beauty in some cultures. It gives a face some distinctiveness. I guess somma ya'll would have the child looking like a lot of these mummies I see on T.V. with messed-up bone structure and fake-a** denture-looking, uncommonly-white horse teeth. Don't do it!

I say, keep your natural beauty, BK! Don't believe the hype. God made you just how he wanted you to be. If some of these haters on here prefer a Halle Berry or a Lindsay Lohan, let'em try--you keep doin' your thing!

natalie woods

Bobbi be blessed 2 have a father u had his name 4 19 teen years make peace were is your faith in god.

Tony the Giant

If a person has a gap in their mouth, it does give ppl. that look of distinction, when they smile. Among men and women.
I wouldn't get my teeth replaced with artificial dentures, just to move my teeth closer together. Don't do it. The average person accepts it anyway. So don't worry be happy!!

Mel

Way to go Bobbi Kris...Changing your last name to Houston would be great. Yes,Bobby will always be your father...(she looks idental to her father) but he has not been a father figure. He certainly wasn't one when he caused all the caos at Whitney's funeral which overshadowed him being there for Bobbi Kris. Not to mention he beat Whitney in her presence.

Nancy Gail

Bless her heart. Bad enough that she lost her Mom and now to find out she has no relationship with Dad either. Bobbi, try to work it out, and make you Mama proud. Think about it.

valerie foster

Bobby I'm a big faned of youre dad fore many year's his music if fabilous, Currenly a fan club member of Whitney and also a adopted mother many milles away too you tearing about the passing of youre mother god love is peace Do what you feel is right many miles away adopted daughter can you have a fan club Let's started many miles adopted . Bobby Houston I want a report of you as long I'm a live Val more music please !

ivona poyntz

She can change her name but not who she is: whats the point?

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18