Whitney Houston's Daughter

I Don't Want My Dad's Name

3/11/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0309_bobbi_kristina_brown_getty1_EX
Whitney Houston
's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown can't stand her name ... because of its association with her father Bobby Brown -- and now, TMZ has learned, she wants to change it all together.

Bobbi Kristina is telling friends ... she's wanted to change her name for years -- ever since her parents split -- but Whitney wouldn't let her.

Now that Whitney's gone, we're told the 19-year-old feels untethered -- and wants to finally change her name completely ... making it simply "Kristina Houston."

We're told Bobbi has made the decision with a sober mind and is in a "better place" than she's been in a while.

It's unclear when she plans to make the change official.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

Machelle

This little girl
needs professional
help, I hope some
of her money goes
towards it.
Her name is Brown.

jujubee

kristina houston sounds wayy better than bobbi kristina brown...maybe it makes her feel closer to her mom, who knows? I don't think this is a huge outrage, this is just tabloid journalism, we don't have the whole truth here but she's 19 so if she wants to change her name for whatever the reason, then who really cares?

Carl

Since, by doing this, she clearly indicates that she wants to go by Kristina and not Bobbi, why are you still calling her Bobbi (see the second to last sentence)?

Cricket

I think it's a pretty name, but Kristina is the best part, so more power to her. Kristina Houston, sounds nice. It's sad about their relationship, but I can't blame her for wanting to separate her brand from his.

janet

does anyone really care.

huh

She's protecting herself and her fortune. Brilliant move,her father had access to her SSN and personal information. If she changes her name, it eliminates any confusion regarding lines of credit, business ventures, bank accounts etc.

janet

does anyone really care.

Deedee

This will pass, she might make VERY questionable decisions while grieving her mom's passing. It is too soon to judge her all the decisions she makes because she might just be trying to make it hour by hour, day by day. After my mom passed I wanted to die myself to escape the pain, so unless you've experienced that kind of loss it's really hard to understand what's going on in her mind.

earl

bobby dont blame your father for your ma`s habit. it was there before him. It just got worse with bobby. cause she felt with being with a SOO CALLED BAD BOY IT MAKE IT EASIER FOR HER TO LET IT OUT

naoma

I confirmed this a day ago, and yet my comment has not been published.

jason

she doesn't want his face either

jeffrey michael

wow..so in debt and now OPRA bitch says lose your dads name..why not always..OPRA IS A BITCH

Raven

Her name is Bobbi Kristina Houston Brown. If she was to drop the Bobbi Brown part, then it is her decision. She wanted to do it after the divorce but being only 13 Whitney said no. Whitney had some problems but there is one thing that can't be denied...She loved her daughter and loved her even before she was born! Her will was done before BK was born and everything was left to her. I can't imagine what she had to live through and what she had to see while Whitney and Bobby were married. As long as she stays strong and holds her head high, she will be fine! Bobby Brown is just looking for some money.

BB not bb

I think she should leave her name alone. You can't deny who your parents are or who your mother chose to love and marry. Maybe she can strive to be the good part of that name. It seems like she is now afraid of being close to her father. I wonder if Whitney's family has anything to do with that. I think it is a unique sounding name whereas the name she wants just sounds very plain and ordinary. She looks alot like her father, so I think she should just keep the name.

kitnplayn

I think it is disrespectful for anyone to change the name their mother gave them, especially to do it against her wishes after she has died. If there was a safety issue or something like that, it would be different, but it's not like changing your name is going to dis-associate Bobbi Kristina from Bobby Brown. The world knows who you are. Be careful not to hate for your father for past things he did to your mother, without also hating your mother for past things she has done to your father. Stop the hate. To honor your mother would be to live in harmony with your father.