Whitney Houston's Daughter

I Don't Want My Dad's Name

3/11/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0309_bobbi_kristina_brown_getty1_EX
Whitney Houston
's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown can't stand her name ... because of its association with her father Bobby Brown -- and now, TMZ has learned, she wants to change it all together.

Bobbi Kristina is telling friends ... she's wanted to change her name for years -- ever since her parents split -- but Whitney wouldn't let her.

Now that Whitney's gone, we're told the 19-year-old feels untethered -- and wants to finally change her name completely ... making it simply "Kristina Houston."

We're told Bobbi has made the decision with a sober mind and is in a "better place" than she's been in a while.

It's unclear when she plans to make the change official.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

CRStardust

She may do as she pleases....regret this change of name....I wouldn't think so....Her "name" may have brought her considerable grief...and if that's the case then she needs to do what makes her comfortable.

pattycake

smoke some more crack and have another big idea.. what a goof

JB

She'll have to do more than change her name to lose all links to her father...Unfortunately for Bobbie Kristina, she didn't get much if any of her mother's beauty, and looks just like her loser father.

Faye

@dd You're right.. But, I'm sure this girl saw a lot of things growing up from BOTH parents.. Besides, she can change her name, but, if she looks in the mirror she'll be looking straight at her father's face. She took after him there, but there's always surgery.. I still wish her well.

Raven

She wanted to drop the names years ago and Whitney wouldn't let her. There is nothing wrong with her using her two middle names. Since the divorce Whitney was a single parent so why not.? If there is one thing that can never be denied, it is the fact that Whitney loved Krissy. Even made her the full beneficiary for her will before Krissy was even born! But there can 't be any doubt at all that these two were each others sun and moon! Whitney will always be watching over her and Krissy will prove to be stronger than anybody is giving her credit for.

myopinion

Bobbi Kristina is so young and upset with her father she is not thinking logically she can change her name but everyone is going to associate her with her birth name. I wish the best for this young lady may God help her to forgive her dad and move forward with a prosperous life. I pray for the entire family that they all can come together and forgive because it will relieve the pain for them all.

RIP Whitney

bunny

Sure she's sober. She's a drugged up, ungrateful little brat who thinks dropping Bobbi from her name will make her Whitney Houston the 2nd. News flash, you can't sing anywhere as good as your mom. Go snort some more coke and insult your dad.

Lake

I agree with this proposal, but she neglects to remember that it was her MOTHER's choice to name her after Bobby! A really stupid choice....still, if she changes it, she's overriding what her mother wanted too. I bet Bobby didn't care much, he already has a junior I think.

slivers36

I wish her all the best. If she wants to change her name, I hope it isn't too difficult for her to do.

who cares

The cornor has been wanting to talk to Bobbi about her mothers death and the days before it. But Bobbi will not make herself avaliable to be interviewed. That right there tells me what kind of person this worthless girl is. She is worse then her mother...... I bet she is dead by age 40....

The Neko Nation

They should have odds in Vegas on how long it will take this ghetto troll to blow all of the money on herself and drugs. Just like her mother, a ghetto whore.

metsfaninbrooklyn

Where is it written in stone that a child HAS to carry on his/her father's name? Isn't the child just as much their mother as their father? BK's been thinking about this for a long long time, it's her choice now, she was clearly closer to her mom, so she wants to go by her name. End of.

Jodi

Didn't see that coming. Kristina must really dislike her dad a lot not to want any part of his name. Wow.

ladyleo

do what makes u feel good

TMZ_Watcher

It's unfortunate for Bobbi that she looks more like her pimp daddy Bobby than shes does Whitney. Wow, Whitney's family must have represed the hell out of her in order for her to end up with someone like Bobby Brown. EVerything sucks about this guy including his awe full music. He spent her money very well while they were married. Good to see he won't see a thin dime more. When I hear people that say they love music call him and New Edition legends, I have to laugh and usually do. Talentless, pinhead punk that beats on woman and makes them his cohabitation drug addict. Bobby needs a reality check if you know what I mean