'The Hunger Games'

Cast Descends Upon L.A.

3/11/2012 5:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0311_cast_airport_splash
Katniss, Peeta and Gale -- more commonly known as Jennifer Lawrence (right), Josh Hutcherson (left) and Liam Hemsworth (back) -- arrived in Los Angeles yesterday as the March 23 release of "The Hunger Games" is almost upon us.

The movie is based on a book of the same name ... which at one point was on The New York Times list for over 100 consecutive weeks. Advanced tickets for the movie broke Fandango's record for advanced sales, beating out "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse."

May the odds be ever in your favor.

static

I have NFI who any of these people are.

Blue

Isn't Liam Hemsworth the younger brother of the guy who plays Thor and he dates Miley Cirus.(read that on TMZ) Thats all I got on who they are.

flipflops

Jennifer Lawrence is a exceptionally talented actress who received a Oscar nomination for her role in Winter's Bone. Liam is the younger brother of Luke and Chris Hemsworth but other than that I have no idea what he's done. Josh Hutcherson is ... er ... okay, no clue.

diogenes

Excellent books-- hoping the movie is as good.

LittleMo

This movie is generating ticket sales because of curiosity. Every poll I've ever seen puts it well behind Twilight - where it should be. Even Harry Potter would not have beat Twilight ticket sales if it were not for the theater surcharge for 3-D format. The Twilight cast has the class not to put down other movies but the HG cast has been dissing Twilight since the hype started. Guess they forgot that Jennifer Lawrence tried to snag the role of Bella. And I'm not a tempermental teenager, either. At 56 I'm an older fan of Twilight - and damn proud of it.

Uh

Yes...really good set of books. Will probably read again before watching movie.

RedHead

I really hope this movie does well. I hope it does better than twilight.

Kelster

LOVED the books, praying that they dont ruin the story and make it another twilight -_-

Carl

Wouldn't a bunch of actors that work in Hollywood be living in LA? You make it sound like they live elsewhere. Maybe they do but it would be kind of strange.

H8

Hunger Games is a ripoff of the Japanese movie Battle Royale.

Cricket

I'm sure you will know them soon. Look at how Twilight exploded. Get ready. I love Jennifer Lawrence, I hope this doesn't turn her into a crazy person.

liketoysoldiers

Don't even compare Hunger Games to Twilight. There are no comparisons whatsoever. Okay, they are both trilogys with a female lead...it ends there.

Fat Mike

Couldn't get over how many of their fans camped out at LA Live today. The Lakers and Celtics fans were a little bemused by it all, I think. Great day!

Fat Mike

and I mean literally camped out. There were about 60-80 tents set up in the main courtyard

kcv

I am such a geek, but sooo excited for the Hunger Games!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments