Whitney Houston's Sister

I 'Don't Know How'

Whitney Got in the Tub

3/12/2012 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0311_pat_houston_video_own
Whitney Houston's sister-in-law Pat is throwing more fuel on the fire for those people who think Whitney may have been murdered ... saying she does not know how Whitney ended up in the bathtub of her hotel room on the night she died.

As TMZ first reported, the L.A. County Coroner's Office has received phone calls and emails from people claiming to be relatives of Houston ... who say they believe Whitney was murdered.

In an interview with Oprah Winfrey that aired tonight on OWN, Pat described the scene that night, saying, "Don't know how she got [in the tub] ... I just know they had to pull her out of [the tub]."

The Coroner has already said there was no sign of foul play or trauma, but the official cause of death won't be determined until toxicology results are in.

parlayer

Her murder put her in there, everybody know she never took baths, like the rest of them.

parlayer

bet those crime photos are X rated, if a old black lady turns you on

thinksalot

I saw something in the interview no one has mentioned. Something was obviously not kosher with the ray j friendship. Glad they cleared the funeral home regarding the casket picture. Carolyn Whigham didn't deserve the backlash she took. I'm glad they painted Bobby Brown in a positive light as well.

I was impressed by the interview. I thought Oprah did a good job of balancing their pain and getting some information out there. Can't imagine being in their shoes and going through all of this so publicly. I hope the truth comes out and I hope this family can heal and move on in a positive way. So happy they have a spiritual belief to help them through. Whitney's daughter was so right. We didn't KNOW her or her mother. I'm sure there was good and bad as with any family. Hope God's grace pulls them through and that the demons don't win.

Gloria

All of Whitney's fans Oprah Whitney's family, all want and think it is easy to blame Bobby Brown for getting her hooked on drugs. The truth from whitney's own mouth to dianne sywar nobody made her do anything she did not want to do. As far as her sister didn't know how she got into the tub it makes whitney look like she was mentally challeged.

Kabala

Did she have an irrational fear of bathtubs?

Sandy

That women;s interview implied in no way that she thought she was murdered or pushed or placed. She was stating a fact which is that she was not there. I guess miserable people cant help but find fault.

Justinamarie

All those millions and the kid never got braces ,never fixed those horrid teeth. WTF Kristina Houston get to the dentist.

Bill Leslie

maybe one foot at a time? sheesh.

BC

Pat is her sister-in-law, not her sister! Geesh, TMZ, are you hiring E! rejects now?

Whitney took a Xanax, after having champagne and working on a beer. She then got into a warm tub. That's closer to suicide than it is to murder! She just insisted that she could drink because she "didn't have a problem with alcohol."

nof

"Let me put it this way - it was either murder - and/or Bobby Brown - only 2 POSSIBLE explanations."

Suggestion: Blame Conrad Murray.

Hey, worked wid Michael!

BabyGirl

It's called, she took a bath. It was stupid for the sister to make a comment like that. Of course you don't know how she got in the tub because you weren't there but you could have just speculated that she decided to take a bath. She took drugs, drank alcohol, and drowned when she fell asleep.

DeeD

FROM CANADA... I thought Pat Houston was a sister-in-law and friend...not a SISTER

Manimal

Ok I give up...how DID Whitney get into the tub? Is this a joke?
I don't think she was in there making gravy!

Manimal

I'll bet it was those little Geico rowing guinea pigs...you can't trust those little bas**ards!

Wash. Hts. Girl

Enough Already...may she RIP...the family should stop milking this. Poor woman had too many different substances in her body, she got tired, fell asleep and sunk under water, peacefully. Nobody killed her, an unfortunate and inordinate amount of the use of tranquilizers and alcohol together. She was slowly killing herself for 20 years. The whole family needs counseling to come to grips with this. Find closure and let that poor woman rest in peace.