Donald Trump Jr.

Yes, I Killed Those Animals

... and I'm PROUD of It!

3/12/2012 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0312_donald_trump_BN_02
Donald Trump Jr. says he bears NO SHAME for slaughtering a bunch of exotic animals in Africa last year ... claiming all of his kills were used to feed local villagers.

TMZ broke the story ... DTJ is coming under fire for a series of pics which show him posing with his brother in front of several dead animals after a hunt last year -- even showing off a severed elephant tail.

Now, Trump Jr. is DEFENDING the hunt on Twitter ... writing, " I have no shame about [the pics]. I HUNT & EAT game ... I'm a hunter, for that I make no apologies."

He explained, "I can assure you it was not wasteful ... the villagers were so happy for the meat which they don't often get to eat. Very grateful."

"These are not endangered animals as an fyi."

As TMZ previously reported, Donald's sons -- Donald Jr. and Eric -- went on a hunting safari in Zimbabwe a year ago this month, and killed an elephant, crocodile, kudu, civet cat and waterbuck.

sara

Game reserves such as this do in fact give locals jobs. However given the usual fee of $10k plus trophy per day with usually a 10 day minimum, you can guarantee the majority goes into the pockets of the concessionaire. And the fact that they were in Zimbabwe, one of the most corrupt operations in East Africa (where the best game reserves are), probably indicates even more of that money went into the pockets of the few white camp owners who can pay off the Mugabe regime well enough. Having spent some time in the area, kudu (greater kudu, which these are) Cape buffalo and waterbuck are rather plentiful-and commonly eaten. I have heard that some people will eat elephant, but there is greater money in its parts so most likely the carcass was left to rot. And was it a bull? a female? with babies? Elephants have been shown to be one of the most emotionally driven creatures on the planet who mourn their dead as we do. I have NEVER heard of anyone eating a civet, no matter how poor they are. This is total macho crap and misozoony. Look that up.

Global Animal

We are outraged by the Trump's lack of compassion for these animals. More on our thoughts...

tami

well i am so happy your happy , as your show and world will crumblel quick , as you sont relize how many people put there that are not even into saving Animals really think you have too much money to try and save your self to starve as you and i know that will never happen , ,and so you pay a a big bunch of money $$$$$$$ to make you feel like a man to say hey honey look i killed a big giant elephant and a killed this and i killed that , , wow dude , i dont give a **** how you gave the meat to a village , you gave these Animals no chance , your money aganst the ntural way of the people there is most disturbing , how dare you think as your the TRUMP FAM you can go to anywhere and think the world thinks you rock , The only rock youll ever get is to you fn head , wow and i used to think you were ok , Ill never watch your show , and never ever respect any of you again , even in your show , how you made make a wish look good , now your a make a wish to look better after this , sad truly for all you ,TRUMPS one thing youll never trump is the right thing , and that cost nonething ,

dick

If it's legal in Africa and they are not on the endangered list, are you trying to tell another country how to run thier affairs ? I will never kill an animal on a hunting trip,I don't have the capacity to do that.A little town in Louisianna has big time hunters and thier trophy rooms are called $1,000,000.00 caves. These people are rich and they act the part, they are above you and I. Point, there are plenty of jerks.!!!

dick

If they are not endangered animals it's fine. On the other hand, did any one from PETA CHECK the status. Some rich kids wouldn't care one way or another, no clue or care. A lot of people have the perpensity to think that all rich kids are spoon fed and won't care. Give them the benefit until the story is collaberated.

Angela Recker

I hope the next time he fires his guns, they explode in his face. Or that someone mistakes him for 1 of these animals & makes a trophy out of him. All the money in the world can't buy class. His father showed that & now Jr is carrying on the tradition.

app

stupid psyco

SHELLY STATHAM

What a worthless piece of garbage this man is. Its true money can't buy everything like compassion, kindness and a brain. If I were his Father , I would hang my had in shame at producing such a shallow sh***

traci peters

I am not a "bleeding heart liberal" This just seems psychotic that they participated in the hunt.. and they posted trophy pix of the deaths seems very .. hmm serial killer like.. you get off killing things.. I get nervous.. nothing to do with poitical party.. just a natural hunch that all is not well in the brain.. oh Trumps.. my bad.. carry on.. of course they are retarded

jean

he is a complete s*** to do that. no compassion in his heart at all. just greed and money there. what a bum.

Kasey

If you people would research a little farther than just TMZ you would know that A) the elephant killed was culled because she was terrorizing the herd and local village and was a huge threat to the village children and people. and B) it is a traditional pose to do after culling an elephant. As a hunter I would have done the same thing just like I take pictures of my deer after hunts for keepsakes on antler sizes. I am a female and not very tall or big but if I had the money I would do the same thing everyone has a hobby and it's called the circle of life I'm sure those animals have killed quite a few other animals for their meals and now the villagers get to eat them for their meal. Everyone has a hobby and hunting is those boys hobby they are doing nothing wrong and doing the honorable thing by giving it to the villagers to eat because news flash those villagers can't afford the big guns it takes to kill these animals so no they don't get to eat them often.

Sam

For your FYI, Don Jr. Leopards are endangered, clearly your education level is as low ranked as your looks.

Annie Sousa

@ Cricket. the British Royal Family do not hunt big game in Africa. Quite the contrary, they are patrons of a charity that try to protect big game.

Annie Sousa

This elephant was a female, which means she was an integral part of a family unit. She could have been the matriarch, the one who knew where the best grazing was or where to find water in a drought situation. Her death could mean the death of the rest of her herd. Humans "harvest" these animals for pure sport and bloodlust and have no thought to the intelligence and herd mentality of these incredible animals. Anyone who gets their pleasure by destroying these marvals of nature (or any of the exotics) is quite frankly sick and depraived. Believe me, you are the object of disgust to a massive majority of people.

I encourage all of you who deplore what these spoilt little rich boys have done and do, to boycott their Father's show. Afterall, I am sure that the apple did not fall far from that tree.

David

I watch the weekly TV show Tracks Across Africa, sponsored by (The Dallas Safari Club) which promotes wildlife conservation through game management by creating a “value” to proper/legal hunting. Prior to this incentive, these same animals were slaughtered “illegally” in huge numbers by poachers. The establishment of countless safari outfitters, has basically created a “self-policing” balance of conservation in previously over hunted regions.
Furthermore; Safari clients (in large part) are/have always been wealthy entrepreneurs, because of the incredible expense involved. However PETA only chooses to blast their indignation over such issues, when the hunters are high-profile symbols. Hypocrites!