HBO's 'Luck'

Another Horse Dies on Set

3/14/2012 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0313_luck_exd
There has been another fatal horse accident on the set of the HBO series "Luck" -- a third horse has died, TMZ has learned.

We're told the crew was trying to get a horse out of its stable when it reared and fell back, suffering a head injury.  The horse was euthanized at the Santa Anita Race Track in Arcadia.

This is the third time a horse had to be euthanized during the filming of the series, starring Dustin Hoffman.

HBO was scrambling after TMZ called 2 hours ago with the story, and the publicist, Karen Jones, stalled us while they got their story together.  In fact, when we told her about our story, she said it wasn't all true -- but it was.

Woot

SCREW this production! End it NOW! They can't possibly make an excuse for two of these deaths, let alone three. EFF THEM!!!

JJ

Theshow is a stinker anyway with all of these "has been" actors.........

DTrumpJrsDoubleChin

Thank you TMZ, for using your forum to shed a light on animal cruelty.

b

Let me smash Tootsie head into a wall to get a shot. All for art you animal killer. Go jump off the Cranford Bridge

penny

This show is the worst show I have ever seen. Who can understand what any of them are saying? They all mumble and the whole cast needs a good bath and a haircut. The actors should all fall on their heads and let the horses act!

Leslie

This news is aweful! Please please don;t bring anymore horses on that set! Technology is savy enough to figure something out. Horses belong in wide open pastures with people who love them and know how to take care of them! I hope the show goes off the air! How about a nice donation to a horse rescue facility, that woyuld be really nice of you.

shannon lundstrom

HBO: fix. this. now. can hardly stand to watch the LUCK races NOW and w/ the horse deaths. . . it's impossible.stomach churning. . .

shannon lundstrom

fix. this. NOW. or you won't last the season. Seriously. sickening=HBO. love LUCK hate killing of horses. . .got it?

shannon lundstrom

shut. it. down. now. NOT worth it and i even liked the show. was squeamish during the race scenes even BEFORE i knew of the real time deaths. Now it would be down right nauseating. Not worth it.

PK

These are probably the same Hollywood people who will tell you that rodeos hurt animals.

Whateverbytch

fcuk HBO, they should kill some of the execs that OK these lame @$$ shows...I certainly won't watch this nonsense

Morticia Cowghoul

BOYCOTT THIS SHOW.
BOYCOTT THIS SHOW.
BOYCOTT THIS SHOW.
and let HBO know you're doing so.
this is horrible.
ANIMAL CRUELITY!!!

Cheri

that's it for HBO and me no more, take luck off the air or this station will lose a lot of there viewers

Christina

I thought that it said, "Nothing Living Has a Chance" NOT "Leave Nothing To Chance" (personally, I think that my verison is more fitting)

dan g

I'll bet they had that jerk in the wheelchair taking care of the horses. Or maybe it was the poker player. I'm so mad, I could rear up and...oh...oh...oh-noooo....(hits head and dies)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments