'American Idol' Contestant

History of Violence,

Deception, Bullying

3/14/2012 9:09 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0314_jermaine_jones-EX_01
Soon-to-be-axed "American Idol" singer Jermaine Jones is a big, fat phony ... who repeatedly LIED to police ... has issues with violence ... and terrorized "Idol" staff ... according to police documents and information obtained by "A.I."

We broke the story ... Jones will be fired from the show tonight for lying to producers about his criminal history ... and now we've learned the troubling details from the multiple run-ins with the law Jones was trying to conceal.

One incident went down on March 5, 2011 ... when Jones was involved in a fight at a Howard Johnson Hotel in Jersey. We're told cops responded ... but Jermaine gave them a fake name -- Joel Jones.

Jermaine was charged with public nuisance and obstruction of justice. He was also arrested for having outstanding warrants.

The next incident went down November 27, 2011 ... when Jermaine was the passenger in a car that was pulled over in Gloucester Township, NJ. Jermaine was questioned by cops and ONCE AGAIN gave them a fake name -- Kareem Watkins.

Jermaine was charged for hindering apprehension and giving false information to avoid self-discovery. He was also arrested for having outstanding warrants ... again.

We've learned ... Jermaine had a total of 4 outstanding warrants ... 3 for driving on a suspended license and 1 for disorderly conduct with an open container.

There's more ... "Idol" sources tell us Jermaine was "very aggressive" behind the scenes ... once terrorizing a member of the staff by screaming at her because he didn't like his wardrobe.

"Idol" sources also tell us ... Jermaine had been questioned about his past by the "A.I." risk management team before he was selected into the top 24 ... and he SWORE, among other things, that he hadn't been in a fight since high school.

Pants on fire ... and now his lies have cost him the best opportunity of his life.

astrochicks.om

Seriously, driving on a suspended license and open container...big deal. JLo's boyfriend was arrested for the same thing...

Jim

If having a criminal background, a very minor one at that, how has 75% of the music and movie world survived? How did people like Tupac become mega-millionaires when he was a known murderer long before he ever landed his record deal?

It seems American Idol takes themselves far too seriously and works from a double standard. I'll take a talented Jermaine Jones with minor traffic tickets and a minor anger issue over a non-talented Tupac who was a murdering thug.

Someone's goldfish

That's AI's background check - pinky swear you haven't committed any criminal offences? Glad they don't run airport security.

MC GRUNT

Quick someone call the Grammys to pair him up with Chris Brown and they can win a mandatory beat a bitch award. Hell get Kayne West worthless ass up there too.

J

Not Shocking!! I lived in Pine Hill NJ, almost like Camden NJ. Like he didn't know his past would catch up to him. Get a real job, stop living off the system.

Christina

I don't believe anything when it comes to the police and black men! The media is full of lies and they get much of this from the police who fabricate so much of what they say goes on with black men!! The police seem to have been harassing this guy every time he got in trouble! I think the police are at fault for harassing black men in America!!

Jenn

I loved his voice but the remining contestants are fantastic and so are the judges! It would honestly bother me more if it was true that he tried to play the sympathy card with his father rather than fighting stuff. Boys will be boys to some point.

Jenn

I loved his voice. To be honest it would bother me more if the story about him playing the sympathy card about his dad was true. Boys will be boys and get into trouble now and then. I must say he did give the cowboy a few weird looks. I definitely don't think Idol is making this up for publicity sake- it's not the kind of publicity they woyld want BUT they don't need it anyways. The judges are fantastic and so is the singing talent left!

raz

I didn't like him anyway, he was a conceited cry baby and I hated his voice. Big idiot goon!

im1rarebird

I mean it is not like he is say Jeffery Dahmer or a coach raping little boys but because he is black it somehow makes driving on a suspended license and drunk and disorderly so much worse that that lmbo all you narrow minded people that are saying it is because he is black need to look at the severity of the crimes committed by whites, who else cuts babies out of women's stomachs or rapes their own 3mo old baby. Not blacks that is for sure. what is a lie or a little petty larceny compared to the heinous crimes that white people committ, name me one black serial killer, come on now just one, name me one black person whose child disappears without a trace. name me one..If you can't then STFU

D.H.

BIG mistake, BIG. Your ratings are slipping and I hope they go down the tube from here. The best contestant. Shame on you for not doing your homework before the show started. Watched my last Am Idol...History.

MARY

LOL

Caryn

It amazes me how American Idol is so hypocritical. A few years ago they kicked a kid off the show because he hit his sister and went to jail but they have no problem having drug addicts, women beaters and kills sitting as previous judges or preformers (ie, Smokey Robinson, Lionel Richie, Natalie Cole, Brandy Norwood, need I go on.

Peter

- What are you watching?
- Reality.

...mkay...

Julie

How could the american idol ppl not realize this before they let him on the show! I kinda thought something was a little bit off about him...