Dustin Hoffman

Why the Long Face?

3/15/2012 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0315_dustin_hoffman_npgNot to beat a dead horse -- but Dustin Hoffman didn't look too happy today in L.A. ... hours after hearing HBO had cancelled his new show "Luck."

As we reported, the network shut down the racetrack-themed series after a 3rd horse died on set.

Truth

DUDE IS OLD. SHOULD RETIRE ANYWAY... GUESS THIS WAS A SIGN. #TRUTH!!

Vernon P. Alarcon

the show should have hired the Great White Hunters from the Chump family to euthanize the beasts and cut off their tails for trophies. Easy shots for all. Think of all the free publicity!!!

UNLEVINED HARVEY

the show was weak and had no future

Ditzzeechick

good, the show sucked and he wasn't good in it, it was poorly written, not one redeemable character. Three horses dead??? That's really sad.

Zee

haven't these damn people heard of CGI?

thestupid

I cant believe this guy is as old as he is. Looks damn good! Not as good as William ****ner. But still impressive.

Woot

He should have walked off the set after the second death. There's just no excuse for 3 horse deaths in rapid succession during the filming of 1 production.

kes

Dustin always looks like this when concentrating. Brilliant actor. And 'oh well" OMG and harvey is one switched on cookie and has been for many years, kinda cute too!

Cujeaux

Why the long face? Ahahahhaa

Mark

What would be funny is if PETA attacked TMZ for the "beat a dead horse" joke and accused them of sociopathically making light of the murder of a horse.
This is surely what they would do to anyone else that posted something similar.
I guess TMZ gets special treatement. Gee, I wonder why?

Grouchy Smurf

These were very expensive horses being handled by professional horse handlers, so obviously this was nothing more than a string of tragic accidents. That being said, the show wasn't any good as far as I am concerned. It was not going to be HBO's next Sopranos no matter how much they were hoping it would be. I think HBO simply used this bad publicity as an excuse to cut their losses and make a clean break.

EastCoastChopper

I can't speak for the producers of Luck...
I can't speak for the writers if Luck...
I can't speak for the trainers of the horses of Luck...
I can't speak for the jockeys of the horses of Luck...
I can't speak for the caterer for the peeps of Luck...
I can’t speak for the extras of Luck...

But I can speak for the Horses of Luck and they all tell me this gig has been a damn Fallujah from gitgo!

OhWell

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals.

nof

Has to suck for the entire cast and crew -

This puts a few hundred people out of work:

And anyone that thinks Hoffman or Nolte is over-thy-hill?

Knows nothing about anything - they're both fantastic.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_