George Clooney & Dad

ARRESTED During Protest

3/16/2012 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0316_clooney_Large-Video-Launch
update_bar
11:30 AM PST
-- Clooney just bailed out ... for $100.

8:45 AM PST -- Clooney and his dad were arrested for crossing a police line ... which is a misdemeanor offense.
0_65bb4io6_0_vssny0pv
Father and son were arrested by the uniformed division of the U.S. Secret Service ... but he's currently being booked into a D.C. police station.

0314_divider_graphic
George Clooney
and his father Nick have been arrested in Washington, D.C. during a protest over the Sudan crisis.

Clooney was leading a protest in front of the Sudanese embassy in D.C. when he was hauled away by secret service agents.

0316_george_clooney_subassetClooney's publicist Stan Rosenfield tells TMZ, "They were protesting the violence committed by the government of Sudan on its own innocent men, women and children. They were demanding they allow humanitarian aid into the country before it becomes the largest humanitarian crisis in the world."

Sources connected with George tell us he feels good about the arrest because it puts the spotlight on the crisis. Moments before the arrest, George was mobbed by reporters (below) -- claiming, he was protesting to raise awareness about the "Sudanese government committing atrocities on their own people."

0316_george_clooney_subasset_launch
We're told a dozen people got arrested including congressmen, leaders of the human rights community, Sudanese citizens, Martin Luther King III and George's father ... Nick Clooney.

Clooney recently shot a short documentary about the situation in Sudan, which he released on EnoughProject.org. WARNING -- Video contains VERY graphic content.

0316_george_clooney_subasset_video

Lisa

Thanks George. I would expect you to do something, and everyone else who is financially able and can use their voice to draw attention to the less fortunate. Greed is a very terrible thing. Greed is what has caused this whole problem. Greed is the root of all evil. Greed is why the US is in recession. Temptation is Temporary Pleasure!
I am an unemployed female age 50, and helping two families here in the US to survive. I give every chance I get.
I vomit and cry when I see people starving, it freaks my SOUL out!!! I can't contain myself. It's so disturbing.
I would rather do without to feed a family.
If you need someone to help, contact me. I am UNEMPLOYED.
Need a Job.

Diane

I thank you, Martin Luther King III, your Dad , John Prendergrast and the congressman who participated... I love and support all.

Anna Lebling

who cares? publicity stunt.

THE BEAVER

Miss Mary: 9 hours ago

Why are people so selfish? Who gives a damn about gas prices? Our fellow humans are truly suffering in Sudan. Go George and Nick - we need people like you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Sam, the USA has help enough people, and that is why we are in the mess we are in now. It is about time that our leaders do what they were paid to do, and their jobs call for, and that is to take care of the people in the USA first. Oh, and if you don't mind paying out 60 plus dollars to full up your car, that is your lame ass doing, but others could use that money to pay other bills with. Like any bills that pop up. that insuance don't cover etc. Excample, we have to pay tens of thousands of dollars to adopt our own American children that was born here, but a woman can come here preggy drop her baby off, and we have to pay for it, and anyone can adopt that child for free.
I am not saying that to never help a person in need out, but
it should start at your own home first.

THE BEAVER

Excample ..BA..HAHAHA!!

THE BEAVER

If Obama gets another term. I am getting a Obama Care Gas Card, along with Obama Care Insurance Card, having the bills goming to him. LOL

that guy

just a question to all those guys out there who call him a duoch my question is what are you doing.

sc1432

Sorry, but you need to help the American's that are down and out before you can go help other countries.
We have people in the USA starving, homeless,children who need parents..Help your own people before you go helping others.

Raejean

Those who would be aware were already aware, and you getting yourself some publicity as a result didn't hurt, either, did it, George? It didn't take YOU to put it on the public radar!

Stacy

why were they arrested to begin with??? anyone has the RIGHT to protest. screw the police!

Bobby

George Clooney has nothing better to do with his time or his money. He has no children. He's not even married. So of course he has direct his energy into something.

jojo

I want to know why George Clooney is out of jail and the Madam is still in Rikers Island. That is so unfair. She doesn't spend all her time annoying the crap out of everyone like george does.

Infowarrior

Fake arrest! Propaganda at its finest! A last ditch effort cry for support for Phony 2012!

jenny

instead of asking the government to help.. get off your millions and help them yourself *******!

CACArroll

I dont care what anyone else says. I think Geaorge and his father are doing God's work. Thank you Goerge and Nick