'OC Housewife' Gretchen Rossi

Tamra's Engagement Is a SHAM

3/19/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0316_gretchen_rossi_tmz_EX
"Real Housewives of Orange County" star Gretchen Rossi is telling friends ... Tamra Barney's new engagement is based on a money-grubbing lie -- manufactured by show producers desperate for a dramatic finale.

Sources close to Gretchen tell TMZ, producers originally approached Gretchen's BF Slade about proposing -- hoping he'd pop the question in time for the show's big finale this year. We're told producers even attempted to bribe Slade with an exotic proposal destination ... and a FREE RING.

We're told Slade turned the offer down -- convinced the public already hated him enough without a fake proposal -- so producers turned to Tamra and her BF Eddie Judge out of spite.

We're told Tamra and Eddie instantly snatched up the proposal package -- and her whole proposal was then conveniently filmed for the show ... at the same exotic location that was allegedly offered to Slade.

Bravo had no comment.

CountryGal

These shows are so fake. They pay for the vacations, limos, cars, etc trying to make these people look rich. Only a select few are really loaded (grammer, vanderpump). Oh and Tamra Barney is such a classless skank. That bitch was dogging Ronald Reagan on the last episode. She's got nerve. She will never be anywhere near as classy as Ronald Reagan. She's a pig!

ppdurk

This woman has the biggest head I've ever seen. She looks like a horse. Blech. WHO CARES?

Scorpio11

SO sad, I thought the two fo them were working to mending their broken friendship. AGAIN in read, "sources close to gretchen" made that comment, not gretchen herself. If I were tamra I would call gretchen to confirm, here say can grossly be "blown" up. I do agree slade is pretty pathetic riding on any reality stars coat tails to earn a lil dough from the show. GET A REAL JOB SLADE AND WEAR THE DAMN PANTS LIKE A REAL MAN SHOULD"!!!!! (>_<)

SURFCOWBOY

TAMRA, ahahaha, complete ho bag. I like this show, sadly I do. Scripted or not, all these women are so self absorbed for the wrong reasons. Gretchen is the only one with the great body and a rat face unfortunately. People like Tamra are allllllllllllll over this town, always seeking attention, always trying to be famous because they are so dead on the inside. Hey Tamra,take your ugly open mouthed boyfriend eddie and take him to a dentist to shut that big mouth of his. It freaks me out. You, you need a psychiatrist. Take your pennies and invest in that

squeeky

Tamara and Eddie ENGAGED? What a SHAM. Eddie is so GAY.
It is SO obvious..if it walks gay, talks gay, acts gay,..
it IS gay. He is just a camera whore like Tamara and
Gretchen and her worthless loser boyfriend Slade. She is
the 3rd housewife Slade Slimey has been with..H E L L O
Gretchen...is anyone HOME in your BRAIN? Didn't think so...

justpoor

Slade is a deadbeat Dad, needs the few dimes Bravo gives him to keep his azz outof jail. GR was nothing but hired help for Jeff and took advantage of a sick old man. She gave him some personal perks for money and gifts, according to some reports. Slade is no man, no Father, a slacker who needs to go to jail. GR can't get anyone but losers to bed her. She and Slade need to be replaced on the show, she has fish lips with cheap products she is hawking.

Mindy

The lack of character really comes out when it comes to money. Shame on you Tamara & Eddie.

JW

This show jumped the shark when Jeana left. Vicki is a self centered mess. Shouldn't Tamara be divorced before she gets engaged ? And #1 is correct, Gretchen is totally the hottest and funniest thing on this show, WAY WAY younger then Vicki or Tamara, who will be on wedding number three is this happens. Show jumped the shark and show be put out of the viewers misery. HOWEVER, Gretchen should NEVER forget or forgive that (oink, oink) Tamara for the "naked wasted" night, or the other women (certainly not ladies, or "girls" since the Nixon administration) who went along with it.

Joan K

All of these dumb azz reality shows are a sham, who watches this garbage and why?

feelicks

then someone should sue the show for fraud.

Frogie

I highly doubt that Greedy Gretchy's parents will sit back and let her marry Slade with all of his money problems. Her parents own a motorcycle shop and also a beach house, in addition to a house they usually live in. I think she is with Slade because he is friends with the creator of the show in the first place and for her it's job security, since the only other thing she could do is sell real estate (she sold ONE house to her "boyfriend" Jeff who passed away) or be an Aerobics Instructor as she previously was. Both Slade and Gretchen are VERY opportunistic .

Its Me

That train wreck of a show is still on?!! I thought people would have wised up and stopped watching that trash a LONG time ago. When I see commercials for it, it gives me a headache...why the hell would I watch it?!

tmzfan

I always thought that Slade was pretty much a db, but he sort of redeemed himself a little there. He didn't sell out. He still needs to get a real job though because he actually proposes to Gretchen.

Sue

There is a more serious reason Tamra and Eddie jumped at the engagement announcement.

It seems Eddie is Bi-sexual and some past male lovers are coming out to expose him for what he really is.
So, in order to dervert that , they got engaged. Its all BS, and this show is a
sham !!!!!!

Carey McNeely

Gretchen is denying the story on FB Whoever keeps trying to stir up things between @TamraBarney and me, needs to stop making up lies! I never said any of those things TMZ is reporting and have been nothing but happy for Tamra and her engagement. Last week I was begging for a ring from Bravo now this week her engagement is a sham! Give me a break! Why can't anyone just be happy for her and I! We are both happy and in a good place in our lives!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments