« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Peyton Manning

Reportedly Picks Broncos

... Tebow to Be Traded

3/19/2012 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0319_peyton_tebow_bn
It's curtains for Tim Tebow in Denver ... 'cause Peyton Manning has reportedly selected the Broncos as his next team.

According to ESPN, Manning is just about ready to close the deal to become the next quarterback of the Broncos ... and Tebow will be traded away as soon as the deal is done.

So, where will Tebow go next? The Jacksonville Jaguars could be a good bet ... considering the owner has been a very outspoken supporter of Tebowmania.

Story developing ...

update_bar
9:00 AM PT: According to reports, Peyton has agreed to a 5-year $96 million contract with the Broncos.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Slomoshun

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

One is a has been and the other is a never was. Broncos sure know how to pick em.

Kelsey

Bad decision!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Damn, the Chargers should've picked him up. God knows the Chargers need to win a SuperBowl sometime in my lifetime!

OooooNooo!

The Bears are always looking for a quarterback. They need the help of God to win the division with the way the Packers have been playing.

The Real JJ

Tebow was trash at QB anyway! All the games he won was just stupid luck. Once teams found out how to play him he was stopped. If he is smart he would stay and learn under Peyton until he retires.

Tommy Karate

so, what are they going to do once payton gets knocked out for the season? You know, like in the first or second game?? Great decision!

Kat

I love Manning, but for his health, I wish he would retire.

CLINT

Somewhere Jesus is crying.

Delaware D

NFL = not for long!

dj

i like peyton manning, and i am a niners fan. i wanted him to go to the niners so bad. if this is true and he picks denver or any other team besides the niners, well F*** him and i hope he gets killed on the field. shame on him for getting my hopes up.

Jack

Elway better kneel down and pray Tebow doesn't go on to have a long and successful career when he put his chips down on a 35 year old (albeit great when healthy) with neck problems.

Ex Broncos Fan

This football organization becomes more of a joke everyday. Good move, Elway! I am officially done watching this team. Good luck, Tebow. Hope you find a team who will appreciate you. You will be missed here!

Cologirl

I am from Denver and I love Peyton Manning. I have so much respect for him as a person and player but this was the wrong move for Denver. Why aren't we investing in a long term player?? Elway is a disgrace to this team. Being a former Quarterback that won superbowls doesn't necessarily make him a good leader for team management. In fact, John is a total idiot, and also a jerk. I would follow him for anything, he has no morals.

brad

I think John Elway (now the Broncos VP of Operations) knew that keeping Tebow as the starter would just end up embarrassing him, making the team lose and the fans would turn on him eventually.

I'm surprised that Peyton picked the Broncos. I thought for sure he would want to go back to "Rocky Top" Tennessee where he played his college football. Maybe it was all about money. I bet Peyton didn't want to make Jake Locker sit on the bench for 3-4 years. Locker was the Titans #8 overall 1st round pick last year.

Santo

This is a huge gamble they're playing for a 35 year old guy who spent a lot of time on the injured list last season. I wonder how long it'll be before Manning takes a big hit and his career is over....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments