Michael Bay

RELAX, I'm Not Gonna Crap

on the Ninja Turtles

3/20/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0319_michaelbay_michaelangelo_BN
Michael Bay has a strong message for the panicked Ninja Turtles fans who are freaking out about his new TMNT movie ... CHILL THE HELL OUT!!!!

Turtle fans have been going INSANE ever since Bay announced he was planning to tweak the origin story in his upcoming live action movie ... with Leo and the gang belonging to an alien race instead of mutating from ooze in the sewer.

Now, Bay has released a statement ... saying, "Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story."

He continues, "Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world."

Satisfied?

dave

**** this guy why does he want to ruin everything good about my childhood. you are killing me inside Micheal Bay Killing me

Katy

Nope.

nez

ruin this movie by changing it and i hope it ruins his career

Myles

"More complex backstory" as in more complex CGI explosions in outerspace

Convoy-Prime

i think he is going to make the utron ark story and combined some of the comics, and cartoon animated series in to the remake. i do have one thought, ether at a tadpole state the turtles are aliens and some how morph to resemble the turtles that are around there and then get wash down do to heavy rain or the ooz is the "alien" part that transform them.

oc

Transformers was awful & telling fans to relax? tweeting tmnt is never a smart move...leave it alone we will not watch,

NB

yes, you did you took a big ass dump on the hole thing!!!!! really Aliens it's teenage MUTANT not Aliens im dyslexic and i know the difference. go F your self

Virtual Dark Priest

He should put ins his rear a very big peruvian sized corn and then sit over an oven and waits until big mutant sized popcorns fill all of his body and then realize what MUATATING means and that those popcorns were not teleported by aliens.
Really... Tennage Alien Ninja Turtles? Chill my big fat milky first. #stopMichaelBay

TMNT fans know who I am...

There's one thing you don't mess with is their origins. He says he's working with one of the creators, which one? Now they don't own any of it, they have no say in what happens to the TMNT anyways. Bay can turn them into radioactive blackbelt hamsters....Bay is a knucklehead trying to make them aliens. F* that! Oh sure F*ing aliens who are ninja experts...like someone said it takes away their personalities and their issues that define who they are.
And if he turns Raphael into some overly muscled brainless idiot, I'll kick Bay's butt! RAWR!

hippie

People in Hollywood are *******s... this inept **** filmographer is going to keep doing the norm, ****ting on the past. My middle finger has been risen for years because of this.

Eduardo

The moment Michael Bay was announced as the guy behind the new movie all the TMNT fan forums knew this was going to happen, he has already ruined one franchise (Transformers) and now he is going to ruin another.

Sad-Sad

MICHAEL BAY IS A DOUCHE IN REAL LIFE, goes to the (formerly Sports Club LA) now Eqiunox on Sepulveda blvd. in LA driving his little silver Porsche around with a different blonde every time. Very arrogant and rude guy. I truly hate seeing this guys face. He's a skinny pale whimp wod who has a huge ego.....LOOSER DIRECTOR

chubawamba

WHY DOES EVERYONE CARE IF HE CRAPS ON THIS MOVIE? IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T WATCH IT!! WOULD EVERYONE BE UPSET IF I MADE A PIECE OF CRAP MOVIE USING MY IPHONE?

Mick

I heard the new title will be "Teenage Mutant Ninja TURDS!" Bay is like King Midas only instead of turning everything into gold, it turns into ****.

CHRASSSSS

Terrible idea on his part, for one just about everyone in the world grew up with the TMNT gang back in the 80's cartoon era, which is what the vast majority is familiar with. I would say about 90% of the populace would not want (TANT)(Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles) as it's been called online... There is a very good reason for this, it simply is not Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... When you change the general characters into space aliens, the entire story changes... Their may have been aliens in the turtles (Krang, dimension X, even shredder later on in the horrible new cartoon which is garbage), but the turtles were never alien to begin with..Everyone and I mean everyone is familiar with their story...clearly from all the posts I have read online with the occasional smucks who tend to misread and think he is referring to aliens creating the ooze...But I have to point out, Bay stated the turtles are Aliens as in a race...Which the turtles were never alien to begin with...they were mere turtles, which is what the vast majority I would say prefer...
Now my question is why is it we need a total redo of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? The first was perfect, I watched it as a kid and still think of it as a perfect gem of a movie, being dark and gritty with tons of action/comedy...
We all know who the Turtles are, we Love them and grew up with them...So why is it we can not just fast forward to the Krang/Dimension X Story. Why do we have to go through some sort of Bastardized version of the original??
Do we not know who the turtles are? This is what confounds me, it's as though the directors actually believe the people are idiots and are to stupid to follow up on previous story lines. But instead need to be handheld and shown an entirely new perspective...well who knows, maybe some people do, but for me I much rather pick up from where the first movie left off...Show me Bebop and Rocksteady...Krang and Shredder...Technodrome with cities being crushed....Casey Jones and Aprils crazy Tv crew and friends. Michael Bay talks as though a child will remember this as real life turtles coming at ya...Well I was a kid when I saw the first movie..and guess what, they were not aliens and I really thought of them as the real turtles.

There is one viable reason why he wants to do this though, although it's terrible if true imo.

1. He has left over equipment from Transformer movies and wants to use them due to being cheap, and this could easily be done since transformers had space and alien robots involved...so I am sure he has plenty of junk left over to save him some cash. This is a very good reason as to why he would want to label them as aliens, he could easily use transformer bit and pieces he scrapped from the previous movies to use in this new project...if this is true, then I really despise him for taking on the project just so he could cheap it out...

well i said what i had to get off my chest...now to eat some pizza in honor of some old friends.