Ex-Ninja Turtles Actor

Michael Bay is 'Sodomizing'

the TMNT Legacy

3/20/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0319_robbie_rist_bay_tmnt_getty_facebook_ex_2

The guy who voiced Michaelangelo in the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movies is FURIOUS with Michael Bay ... claiming the director is "sodomizing" the franchise by changing "turtle" history in an upcoming flick.

The outrage stems from a comment Bay made about his upcoming live-action flick at a recent media event ... in which he said, "These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

Of course, TMNT fans are FLIPPING OUT ... since everyone knows the turtles mutated during a brush with radioactive ooze after falling through a sewer ... duh.

One of those pissed off fans is voice-actor Robbie Rist ... who recently posted a letter to Bay stating, "You probably don't know me but I did some voice work on the first set of movies that you are starting to talk about sodomizing."

Rist added, "I know believing in mutated talking turtles is kinda silly to begin with but am I supposed to be led to believe there are ninjas from another planet? The rape of our childhood memories continues ... "

Still, Rist tells TMZ ... "Everything I have said here could be off base and wrong ... He has made WAY more money at this than I have."

update_bar
8:45 AM PT: Michael Bay has a few words for worried fans -- releasing a statement moments ago in response to the outrage ... urging them to chill the hell out.

Kari

TMNT is not something you can re-vamp into your own vision. It is what it is.. DONT DO IT MICHAEL BAY!!

Cheryl

I'm sorry but I agree.. You can't have the tmnt without the oooze... The whole point to their existence was the ooze. they made whole movie plots because of the ooze. They didn't come from outer space! Thats just really really dumb!

Swins

It's silly to argue about fiction, however...it is mutant ninja turtles, not ALIEN ninja turtles.

I hear in the next version they will fight shiny vampire Saumurai Frogs.

Jill

seriously people? it's a remake of movie about talking turtle not gone with the wind. get a grip.

Krow

I'm sorry I thought it was Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles not Giant Green Alien ****tards

Paul

Michael Bay is Going to RUIN TMNT!!!

bbwmate.com

sounds like an strange bird.OMG ,My best friend ,she just has announced her wedding with a big millionaire young man Ronald who is the CEO of a MNC !they met via ------bbwmate.CóM------- ..it is the largest and best club for large people and their admirers to chat online. … you can meet one , It's worthy a try.

bbwmate.com

Louise

This guy is right, he at least had the balls to say something and I can see why he would be bothered.
No-one is coming up with original ideas right now, they are basically recycling 80's movies and it truly does feel like they are ****ting on our childhoods.

If he doesn't even know the back-story of the turtles (hint it's in the title) he's going to be "re-creating" then that doesn't give the fans a whole load of confidence. Mind you, his reputation for adapting 80's films went way down with the transformers films so I don't know how he's managed to get the rights to do this..lol

Andy

This must be stopped!

Andy

This must be stopped!!!!

ManiacalZebra

Grow up, anonymous actor dude. Stories change all of the time. You apparently aren't even a part of this anymore, so you have absolutely no stake in it. He's going for what he thinks will sell. When it's your money and reputation on the line, you can do whatever you want.

jmomma

Wow, changing the way the turtles became "ninja" in the first place wiil be a huge mistake. It's like saying Kryptonite doesn't affect Superman or Spiderman wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider. Who can see Peter Parker as some alien from outer space who shoots webs out of his wrists??? Really this is absurd to do something like this. The turtles were NOT an unknown alien race, but turtles that accidently came into contact with radioactive substances. If he really does go through with this, I will not watch it. I have the original on DVD and will only let my kids what that one. I understand Michael Bay is a HUGE producer in Hollywood and has made tons of really good movies, but this one he should leave alone, or at least how the turtles came about.

Durp

Somewhere 8 year old me is crying.

Eric

Micheal Bay makes the crappiest movies. All he cares about is special effects and explosions.