Ex-Ninja Turtles Actor

Michael Bay is 'Sodomizing'

the TMNT Legacy

3/20/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0319_robbie_rist_bay_tmnt_getty_facebook_ex_2

The guy who voiced Michaelangelo in the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movies is FURIOUS with Michael Bay ... claiming the director is "sodomizing" the franchise by changing "turtle" history in an upcoming flick.

The outrage stems from a comment Bay made about his upcoming live-action flick at a recent media event ... in which he said, "These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

Of course, TMNT fans are FLIPPING OUT ... since everyone knows the turtles mutated during a brush with radioactive ooze after falling through a sewer ... duh.

One of those pissed off fans is voice-actor Robbie Rist ... who recently posted a letter to Bay stating, "You probably don't know me but I did some voice work on the first set of movies that you are starting to talk about sodomizing."

Rist added, "I know believing in mutated talking turtles is kinda silly to begin with but am I supposed to be led to believe there are ninjas from another planet? The rape of our childhood memories continues ... "

Still, Rist tells TMZ ... "Everything I have said here could be off base and wrong ... He has made WAY more money at this than I have."

update_bar
8:45 AM PT: Michael Bay has a few words for worried fans -- releasing a statement moments ago in response to the outrage ... urging them to chill the hell out.

Max

Bay might have made more money than Robbie Rist, but really, who is more loathed among fan groups? THE definitive voice of Michelangelo, or the guy who turned Transformers into a 1 film too long series that cures the most intense case of insomnia?

alex

"DIRECTORS-GUILD-OF-AMERICA-AWARD-WINNER= Michael-Bay, Knows what he is doing and that is why he is the Director of the 4TH BIGGEST Movie in History that made almost $1.2 BILLION Dollars...I Say, Let him do what he needs to do!"

...says the guy with the green lantern as his avatar.

did bay confuse the turtles with transformers? "...from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

anon1

maybe he plans to use the Utrom for this movie who are an alien race and one of them was the shredder and they created the mutagenic ooze, all of this from the 2003 tmnt cartoon series, though personally i'm a fan of the happening of the 1987 animated series turtles over all else live action or other wise

niles

Somehow, I doubt that this "actor" will be working on this movie - or any other movie within a 1000 miles of Hollywood - anytime soon.

aLLAH

YOUR ONLINE EDITOR AND THE GUY WHO WROTE THIS TMNT PIECE HAVE MORE THAN LIFE IN PRISON NOW,

Valhalen

Someone PLEASE kill Michael Bay. Kill it with fire!

anon1

rider

TMNT live-action flicks are sodomizing the original comic books in the name of selling more toys

Is this guy for real?

Cat Nance

Wow! Really I grew up watching TMNT & how in the hell are you going to change it like that? Its ridiculous! And to tell the fans to chill the hell out wow you dont want to many people watching your dumb ass movie huh?!?

Steve

I seriouslt doubted that new Turtle movies will be a hit. I agree with Mr. Rist.

Matt

Turtles from outer space? First of all, just the sound of that is stupid because turtles are obviously Earth creatures. I know this because I live on Earth and I have seen turtles here before. Second of all, THERE IS NO PIZZA IN OUTER SPACE.
Psh. I already hate this movie. No chance will I even bother to rent it for free on Netflix...

scottmatthia

Hey Mike, why dont u leave the Turtles alone! U got ur way with Transformers and even that Battleship game u turned in2 a movie! But this is crossing the line! Whats next? Redoing Pearl Harbor so the Japs r really from outer space instead of just being from another country 2!

bill

Hey guys it is finally here.
I was looking for help with Photoshop to try and make better pics for my kids from our last vacation. While researching how to do it I came across this. I have never been happier. In just 2 hours you can be making some of the best pics of your life just like I did. click the link below and you won't be disappointed.

Mike

We all know that there is no originality in hollywood anymore. So their answer is to take established storylines and flip them over and call it original. If they're going to take other people's ideas, at least keep them intact. I'm done paying to see them ruin all of my childhood memories. Michael Bay is a conceited, self absorbed ass that thinks he's some sort of genius. Yea he does have cool special effects, but that doesn't make up for the stories he ruins.

Gaff

How about no, mister Bay, okay? You don't get to take a dump on my childhood and then turn around to tell ME to chill out. You've gone too far now, and must be put to sleep.