Ex-Ninja Turtles Actor

Michael Bay is 'Sodomizing'

the TMNT Legacy

3/20/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0319_robbie_rist_bay_tmnt_getty_facebook_ex_2

The guy who voiced Michaelangelo in the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movies is FURIOUS with Michael Bay ... claiming the director is "sodomizing" the franchise by changing "turtle" history in an upcoming flick.

The outrage stems from a comment Bay made about his upcoming live-action flick at a recent media event ... in which he said, "These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

Of course, TMNT fans are FLIPPING OUT ... since everyone knows the turtles mutated during a brush with radioactive ooze after falling through a sewer ... duh.

One of those pissed off fans is voice-actor Robbie Rist ... who recently posted a letter to Bay stating, "You probably don't know me but I did some voice work on the first set of movies that you are starting to talk about sodomizing."

Rist added, "I know believing in mutated talking turtles is kinda silly to begin with but am I supposed to be led to believe there are ninjas from another planet? The rape of our childhood memories continues ... "

Still, Rist tells TMZ ... "Everything I have said here could be off base and wrong ... He has made WAY more money at this than I have."

update_bar
8:45 AM PT: Michael Bay has a few words for worried fans -- releasing a statement moments ago in response to the outrage ... urging them to chill the hell out.

Tim

I guess he just screwed himself out of a nice voice-acting job there. After all he used the voice actors from the Transforemers cartoon...

Scott

This guy needs to remember that the original Turtle were not for kids. They would much rather cut your nuts off than work things out plus cowabunga? They would cut your throat your throat for just saying it.;)

Cormey

great, michael bay is now reminding me of the guy from 'ancient aliens'.

Bazzuca Jones

Micheal Bay DOES NOT know what hes doing he is in deed basterdizing The TMNT this is a worse idea since Hilandger 2 and batman an Robin Hes going to far and his so called top rated Movies Kinda sucked I liked transformers I do but to some extend the got Over rated ther good not AMZING WORKS of CINIMA HISTORY sometimes if somethings not broke..DONT ****ING FIX IT

Clayton Berry

Um...aren't these Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles...not...Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles? TMNT vs TANT

FrankieAL83

STFU Oliver. Worst Cousin EVER.

p23

I think the lot of you have to grow up. Michael Bay is one of the best directors in the world and you're having a go at him.. hahah check yourself please. I'll bet this movie, with his twist on it, will be phenomenal. This whole topic also reaks of an excuse for Rist to get some extra publicity

p23

You say your childhood is ruined because of this? More like your childhood was ruined from being abused by your parents. Grow the f*ck up. Do you really have nothing better to do then cry like girls? This movie, directed by Michael Bay, with his own twist on it, will be epic. Just like transformers was.

vaughn

I've always been a die hard fan but I might be the only that thought the turtles first movies was the best.Now changing the story we been used to it all these years and we love the Ninja Turtle till this day.So please leave it alone if you really want to do something give us a new story.Bring some aliens here or some better true to life martial artist fight scenes to give the turtles a real challenge.Nothing beats hard core martial arts I love the slap stick comedy but turtles kicking butt is the best.Just as long as you stay true to each one personality.We have aliens from the cartoon enough of space please.Have the turtles save the world or something but don't forget the humor.And you learn martial arts on earth who would teach them to fight in space. The storyline would be crazy alone because we have already accepted them as they are.Now where the green ooze came from that's a different story.

vaughn

Fergus

We're talking about a man who claimed John Frankenheimer as his father, even after the DNA tests proved it impossible. What does he caer about back-stories? Look it up.

RedVirtue

"Boycott Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles" has a facebook page! Join the resistance!

Whitewind617

Don't know if anyone has actually posted this yet, but is anyone aware that Robbie Rist is cousin oliver? Yes, cousin oliver is accusing someone of ruining a franchise...ooooh the irony.

Jane

Yay, another ruined movie by Michael Bay... at least bring back the old props: http://bitly.com/HQNMkh so cool! screw CGI

Mpnagem89

I got a bad feeling about this...