The Situation

Hit Rock Bottom

While Taping 'Jersey Shore'

3/21/2012 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_dchg01ij_0_rbk3wwml
Multiple sources close to The Situation tell TMZ ... the MTV star's hard-partying ways were worse than ever during the taping of the most recent season of "Jersey Shore" ... and the signs were obvious during the episode when the gang went camping.

TMZ broke the story ... Sitch recently checked into rehab for substance abuse after realizing his recreational habits had spun out of control.

Now, sources close to Sitch tell us ... the reality star had been showing signs of substance abuse for a while ... but "he was getting worse" as the season went on.

We're told ... several people noticed he was "acting paranoid" on the set ... and the unusual behavior was evident in certain Season 5 episodes that recently aired on MTV. During the ep when the gang goes camping, Sitch can be seen acting jittery, sweating profusely and just plain acting bizarre.

Sources say ... cast and crew members on "Jersey Shore" are happy he's getting help ... and hope that he will be healthy enough to join them for the recently announced Season 6.

Sonja

Coke or Adderal .. you can't drink all day and night and not sleep for hours.. unless you are doing coke and/or Adderal to keep you up and partying. Just ask Lindsay!!

lucy

think about the mood swings in the last 2 seasons. plus the camping trip, remember what a hurry he was in to leave the next morning, never relaxed. it's sad but I'm glad he's getting help.

Tim

HAHAHAHAHAHA.........

rosa

It will be impossible for him to stay sober as long as he is doing a "reality" show. The show is a huge party & what they do in their drunken state. Can you say RELAPSE.

Amber

BREAKING NEWS!!! Snitch's next reality show will be Celebrity REHAB!

Aimee

The whole CAST IS A MESS!! They get paid millions to be high and drunk!! SMH Reality TV is destroying lives I tell ya. They would probably be high and drunk ANYway but now it's just publicized. Poor things.

dynamic dynamo

TWEAKER!

pimpc

Good luck Sitch with the rehab. I'll be pulling for you.. and GREAT news about season 6..I CAN'T WAIT!!!

John

Stop trying to pend a behavior on something when you have no idea wtf your talking about. This clip showed nothing about someone crashing on drugs or booze..

It showed a little bitch city boy thats clearly has issues of being afraid of crap to start and thats the real reason he bulks up to make himself seem like a bigger man because inside he is a 2yo.

I seen tons of people act just like this in the woods and they were not abusers.. Hell I bet if you did the great TMZ camp out in the deep dark Sierra's you would see a bunch of drunk scared flatlanders doing the same thing..

LAChris

Big fat LOL. I thought the guy was cool at first; but, I really did think initially some of his stuff was drug related. (Taking his d**k out and walking around this season for starters) I give it 3 years before he is in Playgirl.

Throwback kid

If you ask me this clown was acting during the camping trip, did he really think he as going to run into a bear? He knows it gives him what he wants most, camera time. The whole pulling up the shirt to show his abs went stale 2 seasons ago. This guy was so desperate for camera time he kept bringing up a one night stand he did or did not have with Snookie like a year and a half ago. Nobody even cared about it, he acted like a 16 year old about the whole thing. Life will not go so well for the Sitch in the near future, he has no education or job skills and the clock is about to strike midnight on all these Jersey Shore losers, they have overstayed their welcome. Like the Kardashian's America has grown tired of these people

Mis

Guys, He really is Trying to get on Celeb Rehab. No joke. I'm callin this!

HueG.Rection

****************CRACK DON'T SMOKE ITSELF********************
Hell ya bunch of booze, cocaine, and hookers now thats a party, Doing some Rippers off some strippers Asses now thats a good time, no need for rehab, Dont be a quitter. Nobody likes a quitter!!!!! Motha ****aaaaas!

D-Nizzle

I think I can squash the cocaine rumor right now--you don't want to eat AT ALL on cocaine. Mike is steady munching on some chips in this scene. Maybe weed or something, but I don't see anyone steadily snacking on coke. You have ZERO appetite.
And anyway, I don't get how you could get away with sneaking away to blow lines when you're being filmed all Summer. Sure you have private bathroom time but that's it. Surely a camera would catch you leaving the bathroom with the "sniffles" if you were doing blow all the time. It doesn't seem like a drug you'd do and then want to be on camera.
Just my two cents. I could be wrong, but who the heck really knows anyway.

backdasitch

This story hasn't been confirmed by anyone or anything.
Sitch said on his Facebook not to believe everything you hear from TMZ.
Sitchtradamus sees all!!! If you don't like this comment,I'm very sorry. I know the truth hurts.