« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NY Yankees Star

Major Trampoline Injury

Threatens Career

3/23/2012 9:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0323_joba_chamberlain_BN_02
NY Yankees pitcher Joba Chamberlain's comeback has been crushed ... thanks to a gruesome trampoline accident at a kid's play center yesterday.

Chamberlain was jumping with his son at a center in Tampa, Florida ... when he came down wrong on his right foot ... causing severe damage to his ankle.

There are conflicting reports about the severity of the injury -- some media outlets are saying the bone was protruding through the skin and there was lots of blood. Others say Joba simply twisted the ankle.

Either way, Chamberlain had surgery last night ... and the MLB star is currently recovering.

It's just another setback for Joba ... who missed almost all of last season  with an elbow injury.

0323_yankee_footer_v4

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Tony

Professional athletes should be more careful what they do to have fun. I have been a total Yankee fan for some time now, and I wish Joba a speedy recovery.

O-C Guy

Idoit.

buzz kill

Maybe he can get a job at Foot Locker. What a dumb ass.

Teddy Tibia

note to self. don't jump on trampoline if over age of 14.

NJS

Once they put him into the starting rotation he went downhill. The Yanks ruined him and should have kept him as a reliever.

Happy

The real story here is that Bobby Valentine is a complete ass wipe. Let the games begins. ESPN was stupid to hire his ass. Loud mouth Jerk. Now he landed in Boston, what a freakin joke. He was a loozer in Texas and he will be a loozer in Boston.

namers

I think the out-of-shape comment holds true. Ever since the 'bug incident' in Cleveland in '07 (dude's sweat was VERY tasty), I thought he was bad luck for the team. I wish him well (he'll be picked up somewhere) but now I wish for ANDY PETTIT to be called up!

28 in '12!

Andrew Fellin

For godsakes people read more articles. HIs career could be over. If the infection spreads then they have to amputate his leg. ITs in other articles and on the radio. He lost so much blood at the scene that he almost died right there at the scene.

Michael Koontz

did he look that stupid/ugly before the crash or after?

JBeckett

No problem,I hear Bucky Dent and Paul O'Neil were just given 1 year contracts... That's if AARP clears them like they did for Pettitte...

anon

“All I have to say is thanks to Dr gboco (gbocotemple@yahoo.com)! I saw my results from day one. Not only is he very nice, but very professional. He tries to get to your spell as soon as he can, and if you have any questions he answers them very quickly. He is not a waste of time or money, if your ready to make a change in your life He is the right person to go to. If your looking for love I recommend his Counjor Love Spell. good luck and I know you will be as happy as I am with the results.”

Ani0227

he was probably playing with his son. calm down everyone. can you blame him for trying not to be an absent dad. hope he gets well soon.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2