'Jersey Shore'

Producers Looking to Phase Out

The Situation & Snooki

3/24/2012 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0323_jersey_shore_EX_01
With Snooki pregnant and The Situation getting sober, the people behind "Jersey Shore" are FREAKED the show will lose its sex-crazed alcohol-fueled edge -- so they're looking to phase the two out ... in favor of newer, wilder castmates.

MTV released a statement earlier this week -- following news Sitch was seeking substance abuse treatment -- claiming the network expects the entire cast to return for Season 6 ... but sources close to 495 Productions tell TMZ, the production company is currently looking for new talent.

According to sources, 495 desperately wants to keep things fresh -- and folding in new castmates will help transition the show into a new generation ... while still keeping old fans hooked.

We're told 495 plans to limit Snooki and The Situation's roles on the new season -- giving new cast members more screen time instead.

The show is set to begin filming this summer. 495 had no comment.

Liz

Yes because lets phase out the two people who show that real actions have consequences. Because MTV doesn't want people to see the way these people really behave is destructive and dangerous. They have to keep the party machine going despite those who have fallen as a result of it.

Gabriel

They Should Bring Back Angelina Since She Was Crazy & Doesn't Give A **** About Anyone About Herself. I Would Think If She Came Back It Would Spark More Ratings Since People Hate Her Or Like Her.

Deana

Mike was way to much drama and Snooki I am glad won't be back. Her child like ways were seriously getting on my nerves. To the point I would have stopped watching if she stayed on the show. The rest I'm ok with! Please don't bring any wanna be snooki's mtv that would suck!

Silverado Mom

Wouldn't surprise me to see them spawn off Snooki for her own show. I hope I never see it happen.

backdasitch

New headline for ya: TMZ SCREWS UP JERSEY SHORE!!!Thanks alot.
What now, Pauly & vinny get matching penis piercings?There's nothing left of that show if we can't watch Sitch & Snooks evolve. They're the stars.

ChinLee3

Just phase the whole show out!

Sunnygirl

So glad they are phasing out the Situation. That azz-clown Sitch needs to take his schnozolla on over to clown college and get a real job.

London Vik

Hopefully they can phase them ALL out

sistaelle

If the producers "desperately looking to keep things fresh" they should stick to the current "reality" format and deal with the fall-out of their sex and alcohol crazed format (pregnancy and addiction).

Georgia

I 💜💜💜💜💜💜 Jersey Shore. I would hate it if they got new cast mates!! It wouldn't be the same.

Jim

Looking for new talent? Have they looked in ANY of the gutters around NJ to find a new "created star" that we can all "look up to" as the pillars of society that they THINK they are? What a bunch of BS. And people actually watch this show? Can you say IDIOTS?

mysticmm

please phase out mike he is the snake in the grass.This show takes me back to the days of being an idiot.these kids are so mild compared to how we party in the KickapooThey couldn't keep up.

Nik

So MTV's genius plan is to phase out two of the only reasons that viewers still tune in? Wow. That sounds like a really well-thought-out idea, there. And bring in new "talent"?? What, provide us with more faces like DEANA? Yeah, I can't get enough of her. I love listening to her manly voice while watching her attempt those fat, manly, intelligent tirades on a weekly basis. You brought in a transvestite whose only "talent" is to attempt acting like SNOOKI for your "NEW TALENT" when you lost Angelina, so I can't wait to see what kind of "Talent" you may find this time. You lose Sitch and (god help me for saying this) Snooki, you lose any kind of show you have left. You can't think that Vinny and his soggy white bread personality could possibly carry a show. You can't think that Sammi licking her own hair extensions and thinking real hard to form complete sentences would entertain the masses, do you? UGGGGG, just can the show and find some other 15 year old knocked up teens to follow around the trailer park. Way to go MTV. Way to go.

kulz

If u don't like the show, DON'T WATCH THE SHOW instead of trashing every single living creature on the internet.

Allie Boy

I love this show! Despite the few haters on the blog-osphere, there are millions of viewers. Yes - it is trashy, but I love it. People don't go to Seaside Heights, NJ for "quiet elegance" like Naples, Florida. If you ever visited Seaside Heights, you would know this... Long live the present cast on Jersey Shore. I hope Mike recovers well and Nicole has a healthy pregnancy.