Ex-Kony Soldier

Warlord May Have CURSED

Jason Russell

3/24/2012 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0323_kony_jason_russell_curse_ex

African warlord Joseph Kony is a master of voodoo ... who may have willed an evil spirit to poison the mind of Invisible Children co-founder Jason Russell ... this according to a former member of Kony's child army.

TMZ spoke with Richard Akena ... who was captured by Kony's forces 4 separate times when he was a child and was forced to carry out Kony's evil bidding.

Akena tells us ... most people who were captured by Kony believe he is "being controlled by a devil spirit."

0323_ricchard_kabizadotcom
Akena says it wasn't unusual to see Kony try to use voodoo magic in an effort to thwart his enemies in Africa ... and he believes the same voodoo magic could explain Russell's naked meltdown .

Russell's family says the breakdown can be chalked up to "reactive psychosis" ... caused by stress and lack of sleep.

Still, Akena tells us he's convinced otherwise ... "This was Kony's doing."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Strokadellic

Oh, come on. I always go on naked rampages against Steve Jobs and Siri when I'm exhausted.

Anonymous527496

I guess Kony may very well be one of the Devil's minions.

Strokadellic

Jason Russell was only trying to free the invisible children.

Strokadellic

AKA, his testicles.

Gurv720

Invisible children, visible ****.

Skeptical

TMZ sure loves churning out the BULLSH*T today. WTF is this, the 'Weekly World News'? What's next, abducted by Bigfoot?

Shelb

This is news? GTFO.

Kelly

A curse? Of course that's crazy tribal nonsense, not at all like our Christian zombie savior whose flesh and blood the Catholics devour on Sunday.

just because

LRA makes babies shake your hand then kill you with a machete

Just_Me

God is real....the devil is also real....#Truth.

The Atlanta Church Of Satan

It really creates a good side show for those that are dumb enough to believe in voodoo. It's more fun to make a lot of money and have sex orgies. Worship Satan instead.

The Real JJ

LIKE I SAID BEFORE, konys people put that voodoo magic on the dude and made him spazz out. Voodoo aint no joke

rita

That is exactly what I said here weeks ago. That area has a huge amount of witch doctors, you have to have your stuff together before you mess with a gangster like that.

billybob

The Kony theme is too serious to make a such stupid mindless story from it. TMZ should have known better!

BB not bb

I was saying all along that it looked like voodoo. Well I didn't really think that Kony was guilty of what was said about him. He said he was a Christian and that spirits told him what plants to pick for medicine in the bush. I thought maybe he was being honest but then this guy pops up.

Not being from Uganda, it is hard to say who is telling the truth and who is lying. I do know that Kony only has maybe 300 soldiers left and is no longer in Uganda but had fled to the Congo and is even reported dead.

I wonder if this child soldier can be vetted somehow. I wonder if they can find out if he really was forced to join Kony's band. Someone just popping up with a story could be another propagandist. Kony says that the stories of him stealing children are propaganda because it happens but not by his group.

Who would put the hex on Jason Russell though? This story has me very confused. It could just be someone who doens't want the USA to invade Uganda. I don't see how someone walking around with the ten commandments on his symbols can be practicing voodoo, but maybe it is like how they do santeria.

I didn't watch the Kony2012 video but for a clip that was maybe in another video or maybe I saw some and turned it off. People can force kids to say just about anything. I really don't know what is going on there but until we are sure, we have no business rushing in there and disrupting their nation with soldiers.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments