Ex-Kony Soldier

Warlord May Have CURSED

Jason Russell

3/24/2012 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0323_kony_jason_russell_curse_ex

African warlord Joseph Kony is a master of voodoo ... who may have willed an evil spirit to poison the mind of Invisible Children co-founder Jason Russell ... this according to a former member of Kony's child army.

TMZ spoke with Richard Akena ... who was captured by Kony's forces 4 separate times when he was a child and was forced to carry out Kony's evil bidding.

Akena tells us ... most people who were captured by Kony believe he is "being controlled by a devil spirit."

0323_ricchard_kabizadotcom
Akena says it wasn't unusual to see Kony try to use voodoo magic in an effort to thwart his enemies in Africa ... and he believes the same voodoo magic could explain Russell's naked meltdown .

Russell's family says the breakdown can be chalked up to "reactive psychosis" ... caused by stress and lack of sleep.

Still, Akena tells us he's convinced otherwise ... "This was Kony's doing."

superchicken

Best explanation for this behavior that I've seen so far.

ManiacalZebra

I wonder if Russell believes this in his current state.

Melissa lee

I said that when u guys first put the story and it wasn't recieved well. I knew it

Christina G.

Many intelligent, educated people believe that the world is full of spirits--both good and evil. And many intelligent, educated people believe voodoo is quite real and powerful in the right (wrong) hands. They may have thought it all nonsense, just like you, but then something happens in their life, or the lives surrounding them, that changes their opinion forever. You might say it's a belief born of wisdom. When a practice or belief system has survived thousands of years, you would be wise to sit up and take notice.

jack

was that a pig I just saw flying past my window?

BigmoneyBleezy

tmz...very strange news article, even for this site, and for the love of christ can you updated your website interface its dog slow and horrible.

parlayer

Sort of like his "Puppet Master", it was all this voodoo guy's fault. you think i liked exposing myself in public?? "Not" TeeHee, TeeHee.

dd

I vote for coke or meth...

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

....or maybe, it was the staying up for days on meth.

buzz kill

It's that old black magic.

Good riddance!

Oh yes, back to the dark ages where mental illness and breakdowns were caused by evil spirits. Many here believe the same thing though. Let's go throw some people into volcanoes to appease the angry spirits.

FG

I never comment on your website or anywhere for that matter... But when i saw the video of Jason R naked, the first thing that came to my mind was " umm.. that's Kony's doing". Now. I know that you westerners do not believe in that stuff but... hey!

JJ

OOOKKK SO I GUESS EVERY1 THAT IS AGAINST HIM (KONY)IS CURSED..I DONT THINK SOOOOO...

skyblue00

I said the same thing last week when this first happened. People might laugh or think this is something out of the ordinary voodoo... but believe it or not it happens and i most certainly believe this is what was done to this man. All of a sudden, this is not in his character for him to act this way and due to exhaustion he flips out in that manner.

Joe

For all of you trashing Russell... mark my words.. in over a decade of being on the ICC International Criminal Court's list.. Kony is still out there KILLING... This campagin WILL bring Kony to justice and rightly so. He's marked like Bin Laden was and his days are numbered.. I would not put it past Obama's administration to find the guy right before the election... and that is all good as far as I am concerned... the REST of Uganda's and African's problems.. people are paying attention... and that is a good thing. So what if a Charity and a smooth video campaign brought it to your attention... just get Kony!