Gallagher

Suffers Another Heart Attack

3/25/2012 5:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0314_gallagher_ex
Legendary comedian Gallagher suffered another heart attack, albeit a mild one ... just four days after he was discharged from a hospital in Texas, TMZ has learned.

According to our sources, Gallagher ran out of his heart medication and began to feel like he was having another heart attack ... so he rushed to an Arizona hospital.

A rep for the comedian tells TMZ, "Gallagher suffered a mild heart attack today at a hospital in Sedona due to complications from his previous heart attack. He is awake and resting comfortably now."

Gallagher was hospitalized on March 14 after suffering a heart attack. He was placed in a medically induced coma for a few days until he healed.

Rob J

When he finally dies (which at the rate he keeps having heart attacks, should be any day now)... his brother "Gallagher Two" should take Gallagher's heart on stage, and smash it, splattering a live audience. I don't think Gallagher would want it any other way.

JC30

I didn't have an opinion on Gallagher one way or the other until I started reading the comments on here and it piqued my curiosity. All I remember of the "old" Gallagher was smashing watermelons, so I Googled what his comedy is like today. He now does far right-wing, anti-minority, anti-women, and anti-homosexual hate-filled "humor".

Kelly

On behalf of all the AIDS patients he made fun of back in the day: Good riddance to a cretan.

just because

i had a gallagher t-shirt once. It got lost with my LA raiders shirt.

campy

Christ allmighty. Get your meds refilled!

Raejean

Gallagher's latter-day humor in no way resembles the witty, counter-culture social commentary that launched his career.

I frankly wouldn't even call his current right-wing ugliness "humor."

Nevertheless, I don't wish him dead. Since he had a cardiac history previous to these attacks, let's hope he develops the good sense to stop screwing around with his treatment and care. Or brother Ron will be doing the act without legal interference.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

The question is... how the hell he run out of medication after only four days?

BaadBoy

Ya gotta be in shape to squash melons all over a stage. I guess the fruit is getting revenge for all their years of abuse.

Metta Worldhate

I hear a lot of bad things about his past couple years, but he used to be a funny dude.

Like the joke: "If con is the opposite of pro, is congress the opposite of progress?"

Silverado Mom

Be well bud. Do get your prescriptions filled and maybe hire a live-in nurse? Go ahead with the estate sale.

bagladey

He's a fool. Walked out of the hospital acting like the serious heart attack he'd just suffered was a joke and then just days later RUNS OUT of his medication? He doesn't deserve the life that seems to keep being forced on him.

Kelly

More good news: even if he doesn't die this week, he has announced his retirement from "comedy"! See, every silver lining has a silver lining.

arale norimaki

I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There’s a knob called “brightness,” but it doesn’t work. Gallagher

bluzzone

Gallagher, take it easy ,and follow the rules.Get well.

e disney

hey tmz...
can you please pass on to him all of his fans' love and prayers?! thanks

i've been a fan of his since the 70's...get well mallet man!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments