Uncle Sam to Nas

Your Music Money Is Ours!

3/25/2012 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0325_nas_tmz_ex2
The next time you buy a Nas album, you're really just handing your money over to the government -- because the rapper's delinquent tax filings have caused Uncle Sam to begin garnishing his wages ... TMZ has learned.

As TMZ first reported, Nas is in tax debt up to his eyeballs ... if his eyeballs were $6,000,000 tall.

So the government has finally tired of waiting for Nas to pay up, so they filed documents in the state of Georgia to have his wages garnished -- via the music publishing organizations BMI and ASCAP -- until the debt is paid off.

So if you like Nas, but hate the government ... perhaps you'll want to find an alternative way to listen to his music.

0130_celebrity_tax_problems_footers

Carl

Thankfully I can't stand Nas's music so this isn't a conundrum for me. To be honest though, I'd rather give my money to the government than to this moron.

pancake

finaly a reason to buy a cd

Rex Shaw

What is it with the rich not paying their taxes?
Taxes are deducted from my pay check and again when I go spend my money that was already taxed. When I file my taxes each year I pay once again.

Who Knew

Maybe he can just pay his taxes like 95% of us do.

Joe

I wonder how long before he thinks to play the race card. All the other ones do.

Andrea

Wow! Another big Obama supporter who doesn't pay his taxes! So typical!!! Remember when Nas said, "Barack is gonna take care of his people?" How did he think that was gonna happen. With your money, duh! What a douchebag.....pay up, Nas!!!!

sPaNkdEnALgAs

You don't mess with the I.R.S.....
what songs does this Nas person sing? I can't recall....

PJ

paying taxes ain't gangsta

Nostradamus

Lol @ TMZ encouraging their readers to illegally download.

Fat Mike

"if you his eyeballs were $6,000,000 tall"
Just another weekend at TMZ.
Morons!

Toilethead

There is no chance in hell I'll ever buy any of his garbage.

PT

Taxes are TOO DAMN HIGH! My single largest expense BY FAR. Way more than my rent, food, gas, etc. Washington is a huge leech that's lost touch with reality.

Canadasux

Hey TMZ! Your last line on this post is a very good reason for the IRS to come after YOU, "GENIUSES"! You don't want to P.O. Harvey, now.

Joao

First of all I have not clue what ". if you his eyeballs were..." means. Secondly, I thought folks who listen to that crap typically steals the CD and lastly, how can he owe $6,000,000 and not be incarcerated when Westley Snipes owed $7,000,000 and other folks are incarcerated for owning mere thousands.... I suppose if there were equity in sentencing then there would be no work for attorneys and judges could weld their power and win favors.

INeedFacebookFriends.com

i can't believe it! another rapper who doesn't pay his taxes. way to go NAS. sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments