« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods

Wins First PGA Tour Event

in 30 Months

3/25/2012 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0325_tiger_getty_bn
For the first time in more than two years, Tiger Woods won a PGA Tour event!!!

Woods took home the title today at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in Orlando, FL. He shot a -13 and won by five strokes.

It was Woods' first PGA Tour win since the 2009 BMW Championship in Chicago. Woods won the Chevron World Challenge last December, but it's not a PGA event and Tiger is the host of the event and always donates his winnings to his own charity.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Denver

Thank goodness he didnt hurt his achilles again and drop out, or a bad back, or a hang nail, or a bad score. One tournament doesnt mean anything. A -2 round is not monumental. If he continues, then you can slurp.

Ben

Who cares he's done. Move on

Gerri

MR WOODS Iam Proud of you stay focus and Sweet and keep doing you and this is a sister talking yea we still LOVE YOU

Dom The Mover

was phil there?

Bill

Rory vs Tiger at the Masters. I can't wait.

Josh

All the blonde ladies better watch out

fran

Great to have you back Tiger...Congrats

Kevin

Once again, the media shows their true colors. Tiger gets the "Breaking News" scroll across the bottom of my tv because he won a tourney. Why does Tiger get more coverage for winning than the other golfers? I never see this much attention for Phil or the other top players. It's a total slap in the face for the PGA. The media has their heads so far up Tigers a**, it's hard to see how he can swing the club. So now, let me play the race card - If Els or Mickelson got coverage like this, someone would scream racism, but since Tiger gets all the attention, it's ok. I find it sad.

USArmy

I wonder how many sponsors will be licking his boots now? He should remember those who dropped him but I suppose money will talk.

Sandra

Used to be a fan but now I can't stand him and hope this win was a fluke!!

butch

Who cares!

BNHonest

WAY 2 GO TIGER! F**CK all the haters.

shar

I can't stand Tiger Woods. I've tried to cut him some slake until I saw him being interviewed a few days ago. I suppose the press can be annoying but come on. Tiger was so condescending to the poor man and you could tell he just couldn't give the guy a break. His facial expressions and his one word answers were so disrespectful. I can't stand the way the golf world kisses his butt. Sure he's good but so are others and they certainly don't get the royal treatment that Woods gets.

JT

Must be that good nookie that my Aunt Matilda gave him in bathroom at Burger King 40 minutes before the game.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3