Madonna SLAMMED by Deadmau5

Stop ENCOURAGING

Drug Use!

3/26/2012 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0325_deadmaus_madonna_BN_01
Madonna is under attack by one of the most famous DJs in the world ... who's PISSED at the Material Girl for glamorizing the use of ecstasy during a recent concert.

DJ Deadmau5 was clearly watching when Madge took the stage at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami this weekend and shouted to the crowd, "How many people in this crowd have seen molly?" (check out video below at :45 mark)

FYI -- "Molly" is a slang term for MDMA, one of the key ingredients in ecstasy ... a drug that's hugely popular with people in the electronic dance music community.

While the crowd CHEERED at Madge's comment ... Deadmau5 went to his Facebook page and ripped the singer a new one.

"Very classy there madonna. 'HUR DUR HAS ANYONE SEEN MOLLY???' such a great message for the young music lovers at ultra."

He added, "Quite the f'n philanthropist. but hey, at least yer HIP AND TRENDY! f*cking cant smack my head hard enough right now."

So far, no response from Madonna.

shewentwhoa

First question why was she at Ultra?!?! Isn't it past her bedtime to be out after the sun is down? Secondly, why is she trying to be hip with the crowd?
Love Deadmau5!!!

Celebrities Suck

I'm with Deadmou5! Some are saying that it was a joke, wtf hag how can you joke about something this serious? I never heard about Molly until today. Stop promoting drugs...For those that lived in NY, Madonna was a mess in the early 80's. I like her early 80's music I never liked her b!tchy attitude. Say NO to DRUGS.....

trek

Thank you DJ Deadmau5. I have all the respect in the world for you and none now for that dried up excuse, botox injected piece of used meat.

Andy

I think its worth mentioning, her new album is also title "MDMA". So I guess her label is also encouraging drug use. There is no art in glorifying drug use, stay classy material girl.

The Author

Really? This is a bit silly. Madonna's album is called MDNA, yes it is in part a drug reference (MDMA) being that music is often referred to as a drug it seems quite appropriate. It is in no way advocating actual drug use. Her comment about "Molly" was her way of promoting the album those in the audience who would know what the term meant & how would they know if they didn't already use the drug in question? DeadMau5 is using this to get publicity for himself & oh look... It's working.

superchicken

I hope she sticks to encouraging drug use and stops trying to sing.

AngieC.

from someone that has seen what an overdose of "molly" can do to a young man, it's very irresponsible. My step-son at age 18/19 overdid "molly" and he just turned 30, lives in an assisted living facility and will never ever ever have a life of his own. Irreversible damage. although its his own fault for taking it, it shouldn't be glamorized.

tami

What a dumbass! She's 50 trying to be cool and looks like a fool!

Someone's goldfish

For heavens sake Madonna act your age. You're not 25 anymore. She's like the parent who hangs around her kid's friends trying to show she's still "hip".

Fat Mike

Ecstasy is a filthy gutter drug. I'd rather find out my kids are on heroin than that crap. I used to fire every one of my employees who was on it, as it was only a matter of time until they started to become mentally unstable.

alex

Of course, it marketing! Know your audience and work the crowd. Drugs have been going on at 'raves' for the last twenty years! This is nothing new. This DJ is probably upset with her because he wasn't asked to work with her! Anyone that does is guaranteed instant fame...she is after all the top selling female artist OF ALL TIME--EVER!! Popularity brings contempt!

gaildeville

Deadrat if you ain't the pot callin the kettle black. The same kind of music you play promotes drug use as well, get over yourself and go ride Skrillex some more, I hate that rat.

LuvLeeRita

I wonder if she would gleefully ask her daughter Lourdes if she's found Molly. That was a very irresponsible thing to say and she she know better she's an old woman afterall. I was going to say mature woman but that's not her at all.

JoeybagaNuts

What kind of people pay money to hear terrible recorded music at a live venue with a bunch of lights? People who are already on drugs...

Lisa G

That was pretty weak. The monologue, the song, the dj all of it...I would need drugs to enjoy that party.