'Alcatraz' Star

DON'T CANCEL OUR SHOW

(We're Huge on DVR!)

3/27/2012 4:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_kvnum5xa_0_ilr99xrd
It seems the show "Alcatraz" is destined for that long, inevitable walk to the execution chamber ... but one of the main stars tells TMZ ... the series is just too young to die!

Jonny Coyne -- the guy who plays Warden James on the show -- was grubbin' at the delicious Wood Ranch Grill in LA today -- when we informed him about the less-than-stellar ratings for last night's season finale.

Coyne tells us ... despite the numbers, the show is great ... and it would be "a shame" if it went to the chopping block ... especially because it allegedly does GREAT with people who own DVRs.

But the most shocking part ... dude has a serious accent -- who knew?

Twee Papillons

Please don't cancel this show! My husband and I have been hooked since the first show. I try to watch it live as much as possible depending on my schedule. I agree with the comment that the Nielsen rating system is outdated..get with the times!

Dallas From Texas

You know what's sad, all those neighbors heard those screams, heard Trayvon crying out for help and no one, no one went out side to help, or to see what was going on. Are we that scared of each other?

USArmy

I love the show and hope it is not cancelled. I also love the contest they are running because I love solving the puzzles.

Sonja

They really should change the way they rate a shows popularity. I DVR it as well because thanks to the DVR I can watch one show and record another. Baffling how shows with at least a decent story line get the ax but shows like Gossip Girls, or Dirty Little Liars seem to keep going.

all about the money

Like others have said here...Love the show and I DVR it as well. Nelson ratings are too outdated and a new system needs to take its place. As others have said people DVR shows to watch them at a different time or skip commercials, others stream it online. So many good shows have been nuked in the last 5 years due to low ratings yet if you look at fan sites and forums they all appear popular. Guess if its not reality TV its not worth being on TV or at least that's how the networks appear to behave.

Ed

I also DVR it every week. If they cancel it, it will be a mistake. the writing and acting is very good.

Superman

I watch it on the internet. One of only a handful of TV shows that I do watch. The premise of the show is silly, but if you can get past that, it's a good show to watch.

As with some other shows, I would like for them to speak more clearly. Sometimes it's hard to understand what they are saying. That's probably why it's on DVR...everybody keeps rewinding to figure out what they just said.

John

I DVR it and love the show! There are so many FOX shows that get canned that are great and they keep crappy ones like Bob's Burger, go figure.

shelly

I love this show. DON'T CANCEL IT!!! please

GAM

Love the show. Hope it doesn't get canceled

Mike

I agree. I DVR it and watch it every week. The Nielsen rating system is out of date. I don't ever watch live tv. Its a good show. It just started out of the gate a little slow and needs a little bit more on the plot.

Cherri

I DVR it every week, if not, I would miss it. I love the show!

THIN LIZZY

They better not cancel it, if they do I will not invest time in anothe fox show again. Terranova was dope and they killed that one.

james

I really like this show, but if you watch it you know that the damn commercials over take the show.The first 30 minutes of the show I clocked it.13 minutes of show and 17 of comm. I lost interest in the story line. That the only thing that sucks about the show.

ALCATRAZ fan

noooo... i love this show!! Please please please don't cancel it!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments