Alicia Silverstone

I Feed My Baby ...

By Spitting into His Mouth

3/27/2012 10:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0327_alicia_silverstone_Reg
This is how Alicia Silverstone feeds her 10-month-old son -- chewing up food in her mouth ... then spitting it directly into his ... like a bird.

Alicia posted the video on her blog this weekend, claiming it's her "favorite" way to feed her son Bear Blu (that's his name). Alicia adds, "He literally crawls across the room to attack my mouth if I’m eating."

It's unclear why she does this -- there's probably some hippie-dippie explanation about the bacteria in her mouth helping to strengthen her kid's immune system ... or something -- but she never explains why herself.

For the record -- Alicia's a staunch vegan ... and she's raising her son vegan too. Mother knows best?

cl

Pre chewing the food isn't so bad it's the spitting it in his mouth that I don't understand. I did this for my son but I would atleast use a spoon and it was before he had enough teeth to chew. My son NEVER ate baby food he ate what we ate just with out the seasonings and we would boil his food.

gossipgirl86

I used to chew up food for my girls when they had no teeth and feed a lil bit to them. They did not like baby food at all. They would gag on it. I see no issue with that but straight from the mouth is kind of strange...

Vegan4Life

As much as it's gross it's really her choice what she does with her own child. She is his mother. As far as her being Vegan, I think that's great! And I also think that's it's great that she's raising her child vegan too. Vegans are 100% healthier than people who eat dead animals. If you think that eating a dead animal is okay then you're really sick! The animal was a living animal and you're eating it! EW! It's been proven that vegans get all the nutrients that dead animals eaters get, if not more. So STFU about vegans, stop calling us names and go eat your dead animal!

Dead animal eaters are totally insane!

Who Knew

Does she keep her child in a bird cage as well. What a wacko.

wandy

Thats nasty do you know how many germs and bacteria a mouth holds and you not only feeding him food you also giving him all your bacteria germs and spit! ugh poor kid that's nasty!'

aitakatia

HAVE SHE EVER HEARD OF FOOD PROCESSOR ??????????? YAAACCCCKKKK

aitakatia

LETS SAY SHE DOESNT LIKE TECNOLOGY (FOOD PROCESOR ) SHE CAN SMASH THE FOOD WITH A FORK AFFFFFF

annie

I agree. The weirdest thing about this is filming it and putting it on the internet.
What are Bear’s jr. high friends going to say to him when they discover this 12 years from now?
I used to like Alicia, now, not so much.

Leon

These replicants, I just can't refer to them as humans, really disgust me. But they will do whatever they want, taking society down with them, after all they have the greatest superpower of the world: Money.
If only they understood that it is not a power it is a disease.

lisa pack

There is nothing at all wrong with what she is doing we have 4 kids my husband fed all of them this way so if you haven't tried it keep your opinion to your self and leave the poor girl alone

WhatDaFork

I consider myself pretty progressive... but this is F***ING NUTS!!!!!

Terri Greer

Poor little kid will now be exposed to any disease his mother is carrying in her mouth or body. This is foolish on her part and not very healthy for her child. Aside from being disgusting, it just isn't smart.

pepper

When he wants something to drink she just spits in his mouth.

jms

Well, she hasn't done anything in a long time...just another way to be relevant. Doesn't anybody work their craft anymore ?

CyndiChainsaW

Wow. I just.... I just have nothing to say.
Do these Hollyweird people actually do this stuff as their version of normal? I mean, is it an act, what? Who does that? Weird!!!!!! Poor kid.