Alicia Silverstone

I Feed My Baby ...

By Spitting into His Mouth

3/27/2012 10:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0327_alicia_silverstone_Reg
This is how Alicia Silverstone feeds her 10-month-old son -- chewing up food in her mouth ... then spitting it directly into his ... like a bird.

Alicia posted the video on her blog this weekend, claiming it's her "favorite" way to feed her son Bear Blu (that's his name). Alicia adds, "He literally crawls across the room to attack my mouth if I’m eating."

It's unclear why she does this -- there's probably some hippie-dippie explanation about the bacteria in her mouth helping to strengthen her kid's immune system ... or something -- but she never explains why herself.

For the record -- Alicia's a staunch vegan ... and she's raising her son vegan too. Mother knows best?

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

CyndiChainsaW

Wow. I just.... I just have nothing to say.
Do these Hollyweird people actually do this stuff as their version of normal? I mean, is it an act, what? Who does that? Weird!!!!!! Poor kid.

Gail

I am 59 years old the oldest of six children, many times my mother chewed food and passed it on to us mouth to mouth. I also feed my children in the same manner. Everyone is healthy.

Vee105

Now I'm convinced this woman is a true nut case, somebody please call child welfare services!

mfabray

Is it any of our business?

Karen

She won't eat meat but she will feed her kid chewed up food, loaded with germs and saliva into a child's mouth? I thought She was totally wacko years ago, so what is really new with this?

Amber Killmon

Mothers saliva actually carries many boosts for children. There are MANY advantages to premastication - people are just afraid of the unusual. You can find a list of the benefits of this here: http://parentpalace.com/2012/03/alicia-silverstones-baby-food-preference/

Christina

I think I am the only one who thinks this is beautiful. It surely creates a bond between mother and child, a closeness. I feel it's natural and beautiful.

BeautifulLady

Does anyone know who the Dad is, and what he has to say about this???

Catherine

I can only hope her husband is not cheating on her.I would hate for the child to get an STD.

shadough

This woman is sick in the head.

Raejean

There's no practical reason or need to do it now, but how do you guys think moms fed their weaned toddlers before baby food was invented?

And while all of you are already going "ewww...," ponder that anthropologists say this is not only where baby food originated, but it led to french kissing.

Invisistill

It's the way humans originally fed their babies and it's actually really healthy for them... it's also part of the attachment parenting movement.
Google people.