'Kony 2012' Exec

Joked About Keeping

$900k Donation for Himself

3/27/2012 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jedidiah Jenkins
One of the heads of Jason Russell's Invisible Children organization made a video after the charity won a $1 million grant ... in which he appears to be drunk and joking about keeping $900,000 for himself.

TMZ has obtained the clip ... featuring Jedidiah Jenkins, the Director of Ideology for the charity dedicated to hunting down African warlord Joseph Kony.

The footage appears to be shot in 2010 ... right after Invisible Children won the $1 million grand prize in the Chase Community Giving Facebook competition.

In the video, Jenkins is holding a handle of Smirnoff vodka ... and slurs to the camera, "I don't know if you heard this or not ... but we won a ... we won a million dollars so ... pretty rad."

After chugging from the bottle, Jenkins continues ... "a hundred thousand for Haiti and $900,000 in extra for me."

As for the Haiti reference ... the contest was held one week after the earthquake in Haiti and Invisible Children had promised to give $100k to Haitian relief efforts if they won the prize. We have no idea how the remaining $900,000 was spent.

A source connected to Invisible Children says the video is a joke that Jedidiah recorded and posted on a private YouTube page right after the group won the prize. We're told the bottle was filled with water, not vodka.

Invisible Children's rep has not responded to our calls for an official comment.

update_bar
10:00 AM PDT -- Jenkins has finally commented on the video ... saying, "I was joking. It was made for my co-worker who was out of town when we won the prize."

Jenkins also says the Smifnoff bottle is filled with water ... not vodka ... explaining, "Who can drink that much Vodka? Definitely not me. I’d die. It’s clearly water. I’m not gonna apologize for being a human that jokes with his friends."

slopes

Good to see people jumping to conclusions from a 56-second video that was meant for his close buddies...

Pretty sure Jesus had a saying about this kind of stuff... something about a getting a log out of your eyes or something, right?

slopes

Glad that people can jump to crazy conclusions about the supposedly awful character from a 56-second video that was meant for one's friends.

Didn't Jesus say mention something about this type of thing? Something about taking logs out of your eyes or something?

I'd like to see TMZ take 56 out-of-context seconds of your lives and spin it on the web. I'm sure you'd appreciate the unabashed hatred you'd end up receiving.

Brandon Stanton

Clearly a joke but still looks really really bad.
God being famous sucks. Hope I never am famous enough to be on TMZ's radar.

Rick James

If I am running a charity taking in that kind of money. I dont make videos joking about this sort of thing. what would you think if your surgeon made a "joke video" where he acts like he removes organs for fun and sells them on the black market?

saywhat?

This "joke" certainly was bad timing.

DICK

"I was joking. It was made for my co-worker who was out of town when we won the prize." Sure we believe you, every jackass is joking when caught being a thief . Just like the murder the gun shot him not me. What a total clown ....

lamchops

Based on Jason Russell's behavior when he was arrested, I'd say these guys went out and bought 900,000 dollars worth of meth.

Annette

This organization and it´s people are sooooo shady!

jnsesq

And a PS: Sadly, given its history, the money might well be better spent on this drunken sot than on that black-hole-of-money-and-hope island "nation" anyway.

jnsesq

For whom did this character vote in 2008? Let me guess...

You know, maybe (maybe!) not everyone who voted for Obama was an idiot, but every idiot who voted did so for Obama. ;-)

kp

good to see the paid IC shills out in force. sorry guys -- they won't be able to pay you for much longer so it's time to start job hunting.

DMc

If you think that was a real video, or that he was really drunk, you're an idiot. I'm saying that for your own good. Just so you know: you're an idiot. Bear that in mind next time you consider commenting.

And props to him for not apologizing for the video.

I wish everyone would stop pretending they're "horrified" or "outraged" by every little freakin' thing. If you're outraged, good. STFU and go stew in your mock indignation where the rest of us don't have to look at you or hear from you.

Jim

Obama is funding child solders all over the world! How about Libya for starters and then now with what we are doing in Syria! Look at what we do for Palestine! They use children as shields for gods sake.

Arty

Dweeb punk would even joke like that? Idiots.

Swan

Lol, someone's being scammed by these thieves. Get a little booze in them and you this joker showing what a corrupt s***bag he is and you have his partner running about the streets naked stroking his meat on the street in broad daylight. These guys are almost, not quite, but almost as corrupt as Joe Kony. You've been had, public.