Madonna

I Don't Support Drug Use

... and I Never Have!

3/27/2012 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0326_madonna_tweet_BN
Madonna says DeadMau5 is DeadWrong ... claiming she was NOT promoting drug use at a concert in Florida ... despite allegations she used her stage time to glamorize the drug ecstasy.

Deadmau5 -- one of the most famous DJs in the world -- had attacked Madonna​ as a "f**king idiot" for asking the crowd at the Ultra Music Festival if anyone has "seen Molly" -- Molly is a slang term for the active ingredient in ecstasy (video below ... warning: it contains explicit language).

Now, Madge is lashing back ... with a pair of mouse ears.

The Material Girl posted a photo of herself in Mickey Mouse gear ... with the caption, "From one mouse to another I dont support drug use and i never have. I was referring to the song called "Have You Seen Molly" written by my friend Cedric Gervais who I almost worked with on my album."

Deadmau5 saw the tweet and replied ... saying, "Fair enough, I was just voicing my concerns as I usually do. +1 respect for clearing it up personally ... regardless, just be a little more aware of what you should represent at EDM events, and I'll watch my mouth."

Madge replied ... "Communication is always best. You should have called me first, we could have cleared it up 'privately.' ;) See you on the road."

Hatchet ... buried?

ThirdFromTheLeft

In fairness... she's not really promoting drug use so much as exploiting it for record sales.

toomuch

Oh and that is a VERY OLD IMAGE of her wearing the ears....from the Truth or Dare era.

toomuch

Check out Madonna's RRHF acceptance speech where she talks about taking E with an A&R rep or someone like that.
She also says she didn't drink but now orders martinis.
Deadmau5 is cool to stand up to her...right now he is waaay more significant in the electronic dance world than she is.
Why would MDA say "Have you seen Molly?" to promote someone else besides herself when they ALMOST WORKED TOGETHER.
Madonna's new dance move...the bull**** shuffle.

Common

I call shenanigins. "I was referring to the song called "Have You Seen Molly" written by my friend Cedric Gervais who I almost worked with on my album." so a bizarre, vague reference to a song by someone she ALMOST worked with which had NOTHING to do with the situation at hand, but just happens to "cover" for her with an implied drug reference, a drug that in the past was rampant at EDM shows.. hmmm backpedal much?? team Deadmau5 on this one!

Rob F.

In her defense she was NOT talking about the drug MDMA..... She had lost her new purchase from Africa

Rob F.

she

If it weren't for drugs, especially "molly", no one would be listening to her music of electronic music. It's the only thing that makes listening to her schlock even tolerable. So, Madge, don't bite the hand that feeds you. I'll bet she has enjoyed some over the years.

toomuch

you know its an old picture because she doesn't have her hands covered.
and didn't Justin Timberlake say she carries around a bag of B12 syringes and shot him in the ass once when he was tired?

cookies

Madonna is a sad, angry, messed-up, embittered woman who is trying to stay relavent years past her due date. Songs like Gang Bang about watching her love die over and over and over and singing If you're donna act like a bitch, then youre' gonna die like a bitch just make her look pathetic. She can't sing, dance or write music like Lady Gaga, she is finished. Please retire Madonna.

cookies

Madonna's new album is a sad, angry, messed-up, embittered attempt to look young. The Gang-bang song lyrics about watching her lover die "over and over and over" and "If you're gonna act lilke a bitch, then you're gonna die like a bitch" just makes her look desperate. Give it up Madonna, leave the music to better singers, dancers and song writers like Lady Gaga. Time to retire.

Biff

C'mon TMZ Deadmau5 isnt a "dj" hes a performer/producer

Graeme Outerbridge

Wow!!! TWO BIG MICE squeaking over Cheese^^

Athina

She better start with her daughter and her cigarette habit. Smoking at 15 - it'll be the ganja next....and then.....

janja

how long did it take someone to think that one up for you old lady

SHADE