Carson Daly

Gay People Wouldn't Have

Stopped Crazy JetBlue Pilot

3/28/2012 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carson Daly does not believe gay people would have been able to restrain the pilot who freaked out on a recent JetBlue flight ... suggesting gays are simply not brave enough to handle dangerous situations.

It all went down on Daly's L.A. radio show this morning ... when he was talking about the flight and said, "Most of the people were on their way to some sort of security conference in Las Vegas ... it was like a bunch of dudes and well trained dudes ... thank god."

He laughingly continued, "With my luck, it would be like ... 'this is the flight going to [the gay pride parade] in San Francisco ... I mean, that would be my colleagues."

Then, changing his voice to sound like a gay stereotype, Carson said, "Uh, we're headed down to Vegas for the floral convention."

update_bar
3:10 PM PDT -- Carson has released a statement on Twitter ... saying, "This morning on my radio show I attempted to make fun of myself & offended others by mistake. I sincerely apologize."

BarrysConspiracyWorld

Carson really pulled a boner with that one!

viewer101

pathetic. he better watch himself the next time he steps near weho. and now i suppose we should all wait for the non apology from carson daly.
loser.

viewer101

just one more reason i can't stand carson daly

viewer101

way to keep on perpetuating stereotypes there carson.
guess it shouldn't be that big a surprise given his own "career" is a product of said stereotypes...

amazinglybored

Has-been TV personality stereotyping yay. Something tells me that he won't have people soon, what can they do for that mess.

Mischelle

Once again, speaking from his rear-end!

lane

What a piece of trash! You are racist and we are going to rally at your corporate office until you are fired! **** you *******! That word is even too good for you!

Jim

Can't anyone make a joke in this country any more? I guess we can't have Irish, Italian, gay or rabbi jokes anymore. People need to lighten up.

Abe

Looks like I won't be watching The Voice again anytime soon.

Carson, you just shot your career in your puny little penis.

x

Tom Brokaw

see TMZ, you are really trying to create a scene here and you have dilluted the phrase "we contacted their people, so far no response" at first I actually thought you were able to contact people but now I am aware you are simply trying to be risque. it's sad

anony

That's not exactly what he said, and you're twisting his words. I hope we're not going to see more of a bullchit apology cycle now because some guy makes a stupid joke. Bill Maher was right.

JDUB

Carson probably outed himself when he said 'colleagues'. As in associates, people he hangs out with. Fellow passengers would not be colleagues. Though I don't think the gays would want this douchebag.

dre

why is it impossible to make fun of gays now, the same way every group makes fun of, this society has become so uptight, take a joke, it doesnt mean him or i hate gay people

Lenny

GLADD he revealed his real feelings on air. What a putz.

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Another non-story TMZ is trying to make a story. Who cares. The guy is just kidding around. I'm so sick of how TMZ and all of these special interest groups like GLADD or PETA or whomever are like the politically correct police anymore. Nobody can say or joke about anything anymore.