Carson Daly

Gay People Wouldn't Have

Stopped Crazy JetBlue Pilot

3/28/2012 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carson Daly does not believe gay people would have been able to restrain the pilot who freaked out on a recent JetBlue flight ... suggesting gays are simply not brave enough to handle dangerous situations.

It all went down on Daly's L.A. radio show this morning ... when he was talking about the flight and said, "Most of the people were on their way to some sort of security conference in Las Vegas ... it was like a bunch of dudes and well trained dudes ... thank god."

He laughingly continued, "With my luck, it would be like ... 'this is the flight going to [the gay pride parade] in San Francisco ... I mean, that would be my colleagues."

Then, changing his voice to sound like a gay stereotype, Carson said, "Uh, we're headed down to Vegas for the floral convention."

update_bar
3:10 PM PDT -- Carson has released a statement on Twitter ... saying, "This morning on my radio show I attempted to make fun of myself & offended others by mistake. I sincerely apologize."

deanne

Only HE can make a comment like that and get away with it!! Anyone else and they would be charged with some kind of bias crime or at the very least, a media frenzy would ensue!!

Seldombinlaid

I don't know who this person is, nor am I gay. I do have a problem with him making comments about other people. That may come back and bite him in the ass.

Kent

IDIOT!!!

seymour

Two words. MARK BINGHAM. Look it up Carson.You're getting glitter in your eyes one day homophobic fool

Jay W.

Overly sensitive sissies !

Booger McGee

He made a joke.

...get a rope!

Neither does it mean that gay people think its fine to call a woman a slut that doesn`t join their club every weekend. But gay people are decent, and anyone that dares to think otherwise are warped.

deanne

OMG My mind thought "Carson KRESSLEY" not DALY! Seee...the media frenzy ensues...!!

Mike

He is profiling yes, but he is also very right.

I agree with Carson.

KnuckleDragger

Not a good move. He could be going from Carson Daly...to Carson OnceInAwhile.

Sherron

He is an IDIOT!! To generalize on any group of people is IGNORANT!!

Clyde T.M. Nestra

Man, it's no wonder this man is irrelevant...he's still cracking gay stereotype jokes. Next it'll be something about Blacks and fried chicken/watermelon.

But having said that, u probably all have a lobby you belong to ( I am black, I am yellow, I am red, I am this and that, and now STFU and I can do what I want ). No wonder the rest of the people in America are rallying behind Palin. Probably the only corner that isn`t covered yet...sorry, I forgot the money industry. Spineless people always just want to mingle, noticed ?

Bryan

Who cares???

alex

lol who- Not only is he getting really old, he's just unfunny and never has been funny. His radio voice is awful, he switches into street talk on a dime- Complete tool. He shouldn't speak on anyone's behalf. DOUCHE TOOL